Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Make a pin hole at the lowest part of your headlight glass and allow the water to drain out completely. Then run some silicon gel on the entire headlight assembly joint (where the headlight glass meets the rear part of the headlight).
Try and use a hair dryer to blow hot air if required.

If your FIAT is still under warranty then place a claim as many Fiat owners here got replacement because of this manufacturing defect on the assemblies. If they dont settle your claim fight for it.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd March 2006 at 00:25.
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Make a pin hole at the lowest part of your headlight glass and allow the water to drain out completely.
how?
please explain.
coz it is very difficult to make a hole in such a tough casing, without doing any damage to whole casing!
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:12   #18
DRC
BHPian

Solved!!!

Guys, patience paid off!
The tissue paper method worked well. and also found the root cause of the problem.

Problem: There is a cover behind the bulb holders which is a weather seal. May be some time while fitting this, it had been placed on ground and not cleaned properly, so there was some soil, between the gasket and the seat. which causes the water seep into the the sealed beam assly. Could easily clean the mud, but water was already inside

Solution: Leave the head lights on for a while and all the water comes on the front of the light. Roll a tissue (kitchen towel) and carefully insert into the assly taking care not to touch the mirror coated part (it is not that difficult). Of course after removing the bulbs. Repeat it for a couple of times till no water left.

I did not wat to take a chance as I observed the case was sealed with some gum and was not easy to dis assemble.

It worked for me , may work for every one
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:16   #19
BHPian

drc,
but from where your headlight got that mugful of water?

you mentioned that you neither had a dog(!) nor its raining and nor you entered in a pothole full of water.
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:52   #20
DRC
BHPian

It might be accumulating all these times. When I tried the first time, i really could sqeez a cup full, and about the same amount for the second time. on the same day,

Later the magnitude of haze came down. It is then I decided to keep doing the paper treatment. and it the amount of water reduced later.
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:26   #21
BHPian

i am afraid you might get this problem again.
as you said abt that seal being placed on 'ground' and not cleaned; it is not so. almost every seal attracts dirt etc. so it is a common thing to find dirt under rubber seals.

i suggest you again to find out the exact cause of water entering the sealed beam. and do fix it up.
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:38   #22
BHPian

It's somethine endemic to Palio variants...our adventure has this as well - except it'sthe LHS light which gets fogged up...

I think cleaning it out - if you dont want to open it - maybe direct a hair dryer at any open areas - and then silicone sealant to do the trick

zaphod
Old 3rd April 2006, 23:58   #23
DRC
BHPian

True, I am only counting the problem wont return.
It is raining outside now. If it were to return, I should see the fogging up tomorrow night.
Let us see!!
Old 10th January 2007, 10:45   #24

Water in Palios headlight

Hello guys, i own a palio & i do know theres a lot of problem water finding its way into palios headlights.

has somebody found any way to prevent this ?

Amit
Note from mod : Threads merged

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th January 2007 at 14:22. Reason: Threads merged
Old 10th January 2007, 21:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

But they ruin the reflector in due course of time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Rain water or water-vapour enters inside the HL assembly and then when cold, condenses to water droplets. Switch on head-light and they'll become gaseous again.But, its difficult to get it out.

Its just a thorn in the foot.Nevermind it.
Old 11th January 2007, 00:12   #26
BHPian

LHS on my Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
It's somethine endemic to Palio variants...our adventure has this as well - except it'sthe LHS light which gets fogged up...

I think cleaning it out - if you dont want to open it - maybe direct a hair dryer at any open areas - and then silicone sealant to do the trick

zaphod
I had similar problem in my Petra twice on LHS headlight. The workshop told me It'll disappear on its own, it did. I can't really call it water, its more like condensation. I was also told the assembly is vacuum sealed so its not advisable to open it or tinker with it.
Interestingly the problem appeared both the times after returning from routine services.
Old 11th January 2007, 00:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
how?
please explain.
coz it is very difficult to make a hole in such a tough casing, without doing any damage to whole casing!
Just heat the needle and it will pass it through effortlessly.
Old 11th January 2007, 11:53   #28
BHPian

i had the same problem with my palio.

If u r sure u have sealed any possible crack....

then just remove both the bulbs for a night and reinstall them again the next night...

there should be no water formation now..

atleast thts what i experienced

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks