Team-BHP - Nissan Xtrail issues
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Nissan Xtrail issues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/115650-nissan-xtrail-issues-2.html)

I Have a couple of friends who also own the X trail. One has done 36k kms and the other 22k kms. Both are at least 3-4 years old. Oddly, both have cropped up with steering rack issues at almost the same time. Is this a common problem amongst X trails? This is the first gen X trail that was introduced in India.

Now there is a new issue related to X Trail sold in India. I was about to write 50k review in August and suddenly noticed knocking and strange vibrations at low revs.
Though car was running ok above 1500 rpm I reported this to dealership immediately.
They kept it under observation for couple of days. Got injectors cleaned, oxygen sensor, fuel pump checked.
After driving few hundred kilometers, again same problem noticed. Also it went in limp mode (not going above 1500 rpm)

I left the car at dealership and asked them to do complete diagnosis and return after thorough check up.

Now its confirm that DPF and catalytic convertor gone kaput (reason- Bad fuel quality). As exhaust assembly is not covered under warranty, dealer asked me to wait so that they can replace it under warranty as a goodwill gesture.
After a long approval procedure and delays due to Nissan India's lethargic attitude parts arrived after one month.
They are about to fix it on Monday. I hope everything works well.

Hi,

It's been quite some time.
So did they replace the DPF and cat con free of charge?

And what's the long-term solution?
If the fuel quality is a problem, are they going to remove DPF going forward?
And how is the X-trail doing in general?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai (Post 2918657)
Now its confirm that DPF and catalytic convertor gone kaput (reason- Bad fuel quality). As exhaust assembly is not covered under warranty, dealer asked me to wait so that they can replace it under warranty as a goodwill gesture.
After a long approval procedure and delays due to Nissan India's lethargic attitude parts arrived after one month.
They are about to fix it on Monday. I hope everything works well.

Any update on this?
I forgot to quote your post when I asked a few days back so may be you missed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3035727)
Any update on this?
I forgot to quote your post when I asked a few days back so may be you missed it.

After DPF and CAT replacement I used car for a month but was not fully satisfied.
Dealership diagnosis was pointing towards some issues with some sensors.
As reported earlier it was same problem of vibrations at low rpm.

Now they have changed all wiring, sensors, also cleaned injectors and turbo.
As a goodwill gesture they are giving a colour coat, dent removal and interior cleaning etc.

I am about to get back my beloved car today:) Nissan Xtrail issues-img2013020700106.jpg

Nissan Xtrail issues-img2013020700107.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai (Post 3036124)

Why did you go for the matt black coating? IMO, the previous one was better, the OEM bonnet + Nissan sticker. :)

Looks like you have a very good dealer. Wish the rest of the dealers were like this too, that would have taken the brand to a whole new level!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3037264)
Why did you go for the matt black coating? IMO, the previous one was better, the OEM bonnet + Nissan sticker. :)

Looks like you have a very good dealer. Wish the rest of the dealers were like this too, that would have taken the brand to a whole new level!

Nissan Xtrail issues-img2013021200114.jpg

How about this look ???

Its not dealer but Nissan paid these expenses...

please:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai (Post 3040018)
Attachment 1050366

How about this look ???

Its not dealer but Nissan paid these expenses...

I own a 2005 xtrail which has done 129000 kms and is now throwing excessive smoke and tends to take slower pickup. I showed it to my mechanic and he has suggested me to replace the turbo and intercooler with new ones. Also there is vibrations at lower RPMs which according to the mechanic is due to the faulty flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. Can the turbo be serviced and cleaned? Mechanic cleaned the intercooler but problem still persists. It would prove very costly to change the turbo, intercooler, flywheel, pressure plate and clutch. Can anyone suggest me a cheaper way to sort this problem? The mechanic has given me a quote of 260000 to replace all these parts with new ones. Do you think it is more or is this quote reasonable? Can you also tell me where you get your xtrail serviced so that i ask them about the prices of these parts just to cross check and weather they can replace these parts for me. I don't trust the dealer in my city as he had replaced purator oil filter with the original one in my car during the service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coby537 (Post 3363690)
please:

I own a 2005 xtrail which has done 129000 kms and is now throwing excessive smoke and tends to take slower pickup. I showed it to my mechanic and he has suggested me to replace the turbo and intercooler with new ones. Also there is vibrations at lower RPMs which according to the mechanic is due to the faulty flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. Can the turbo be serviced and cleaned? Mechanic cleaned the intercooler but problem still persists. It would prove very costly to change the turbo, intercooler, flywheel, pressure plate and clutch. Can anyone suggest me a cheaper way to sort this problem? The mechanic has given me a quote of 260000 to replace all these parts with new ones. Do you think it is more or is this quote reasonable? Can you also tell me where you get your xtrail serviced so that i ask them about the prices of these parts just to cross check and weather they can replace these parts for me. I don't trust the dealer in my city as he had replaced purator oil filter with the original one in my car during the service.

Hi,
Firstly get DPF & CAT checked. If vibrations at low rpm occurs its mainly due to clogged DPF and catalytic convertor. First gen X Trails had turbo issues but before pin pointing turbo failure first get clogged exhaust system cleaned. Poor fuel quality results in DPF /cat clogging. In my case it was under warranty so I could get whole system replaced. One owner from Surat got it cleaned from Ahmedabad. Will try to find out details and let you know. IMO it must be related to exhaust system. You may contact Silicon Nissan from Surat as they have much experienced staff and know well in handling X Trail issues, mainly due to my car :uncontrol
Regards