Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pudupet, Chennai - The best choice after new genuine parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
I'm looking for a bumper, wheel well lining (left) and fog lamp kit. Do you think I will be able to find one in Pudupet?

Any other suggestion are welcome.

P.S. I haven't been able to claim insurance as the car ownership transfer process is not complete yet. While the insurance is in my name, the registration is yet to be transferred to my name.
Approach your insurance person and ask. The RTO paperwork is in progress right? See if you can get it done through insurance.

Else please PM and I will provide the number of a local garage in Chennai that can source from a reliable person at Pudupet. There is less chance of your getting ripped off that way.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Approach your insurance person and ask. The RTO paperwork is in progress right? See if you can get it done through insurance.

Else please PM and I will provide the number of a local garage in Chennai that can source from a reliable person at Pudupet. There is less chance of your getting ripped off that way.

Thanks a lot. Yes, the RTO paper work is in progress. I guess it should take anywhere between 15 days to a month before all formalities are completed.

Another reason for my checking out Pudupet resource was the cost. VW gave me an estimate of about 42K for:
1) Front Bumper
2) Inner wheel well/ fender liner (left)
3) Fog lamp assembly (left)
4) Painting and laboour

Being plastic parts, I guess insurance would only pay half. If I could source these for lesser than what I have to pay out of my pocket (if I claim insurance).

I was thinking of checking out the cost I would incur should I get used parts.

Inputs appreciated as always
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
Another reason for my checking out Pudupet resource was the cost. VW gave me an estimate of about 42K

Being plastic parts, I guess insurance would only pay half. If I could source these for lesser than what I have to pay out of my pocket (if I claim insurance).
Look, depends on the policy coverage so check with your agent. If you have bumper to bumper cover you might save substantially in plastic parts in exchange for a much higher premium. Also in any case painting and labor costs would be met by insurance so that's 10..15k out of the bill right there.

Pudupet parts will be from scrapped vehicles so they may already have been tinkered before being sold to you - keep that in mind. The guy I will steer you to will source reasonably good quality parts though, but scrapyard parts are all what you see is what you get, no guarantee.

(Edit) here's the chap I recommend you contact if you want the pudupet sourced parts - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...r-chennai.html

Last edited by hserus : 22nd June 2017 at 17:56.
Old 2nd September 2018, 22:35   #19
BHPian

Hello all my ecosport's boot door lock mechanism got impaired. its not locking now simply comes off. I disassembled the trims and removed the lock assembly but it's welded so unable to disassemble the mechanism to see inside what actually causing the problem.
I badly need a help from people here to source the part from pudupet. I can visit pudupet but if any trusted person there to contact then It will be really greatful.
Old 3rd September 2018, 07:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I badly need a help from people here to source the part from pudupet. I can visit pudupet but if any trusted person there to contact then It will be really greatful.
Go with a trusted mechanic. And if you go along with him don't dress too well so you don't appear all that well to do.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:56   #21
BHPian

Can anyone give me good leads in Pudupet where I can get an Aftermarket Fuel Pump for a Ford Ikon 1.6?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks