Team-BHP - VW Polo/Vento engine mount issue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   VW Polo/Vento engine mount issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/117689-vw-polo-vento-engine-mount-issue.html)

Problem: Many users have been complaining about excessive vibration/rattling from engine in their Polo (regardless of petrol or diesel) especially going over a hump.

Solution: According to VW India Facebook page, one owner had his Polo's engine and gearbox mount changed which solved the rattling problem.

The rumour: The rumour is that VW might recall Polo in India to change engine mount. But it's to be seen whether it's truth or just a rumour.

My thought: Engine mount change sounds scary to me. If I owned a Polo and had no vibration/rattling, I would not go for the change.

PS: Having a look at VW India Facebook page, I wonder if they're Skoda in disguise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2720098)
Problem: Many users have been complaining about excessive vibration/rattling from engine in their Polo (regardless of petrol or diesel) especially going over a hump.

Thanks DevilsCry, A colleague of mine in office owns a Polo and he was complaining of exactly the same thing. Is there any official word from VW on this?

I called up the VW mount road dealer today. He said that there is no such news for polo. But it seems that there is a problem with micra and nano as quoted by him

This news is true.
I had been to the dealer for oil top-up earlier this month. At that time I came across two Polo owners complaining about rattling problem.
The S A was aware of this problem and said that LHS mount has to be replaced. If still the problem persists the RHS should be replaced as well.
The reason given was :
The car has been designed as per German road conditions and now after feedback of Indian conditions, due changes are initiated.
As a Polo owner myself, have never encountered any rattling noise, but S A told me to bring the car in future if the noise arises.
Lets see what happens.Will keep you all posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 2720153)
I called up the VW mount road dealer today. He said that there is no such news for polo. But it seems that there is a problem with micra and nano as quoted by him

Hello,

VW dealers seem to be quite up to date with their competitors products.

How can a VW dealer claim that there are problems with Nissan & Tata cars without any credible evidence ?

If this forum is anything to go by : there are more rattling Polo's than Micra's & Nano's here.

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2720098)
My thought: Engine mount change sounds scary to me. If I owned a Polo and had no vibration/rattling, I would not go for the change.

But knowing that there is a design flaw or rather a mis-fit for Indian conditions, wouldn't it be wise to get it changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coriollis (Post 2720212)
This news is true.
I had been to the dealer for oil top-up earlier this month. At that time I came across two Polo owners complaining about rattling problem.
The S A was aware of this problem and said that LHS mount has to be replaced. If still the problem persists the RHS should be replaced as well.
The reason given was :
The car has been designed as per German road conditions and now after feedback of Indian conditions, due changes are initiated.

But was this done under warranty/goodwill gesture or did the owners have to pay for it?

And I find the argument that the design was such keeping German road conditions in mind very unprofessional; when a car has been launched in Indian, Indian conditions should be considered!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coriollis (Post 2720212)
The reason given was :
As a Polo owner myself, have never encountered any rattling noise, but S A told me to bring the car in future if the noise arises.
Lets see what happens.Will keep you all posted.

Huh!! Seems he has forgotten the Ad campaign that VW was doing earlier.

Made in India For India. Now they say they are designed for German roads.

Are they so dumb to sell Made for Germany cars in India? Are they so ignorant about the road conditions in India. If this not made for India story is indeed true, shame on you VW

All - I just posted this info on the vento thread. This isnt anything new and this TSB has been issued by VW long back to the service centers. I'm attaching the official internal communication from VW to the service centers which was earlier posted by one of our members dingolphie in the polo/vento threads. This will answer all the questions asked above and put to rest any doubts you may have. This change has been incorporated after the VIN cut-off and those who fall before the VIN batch can approach the service center and get this change done. If they still claim ignorance, take a print out of this document and show it to them :)

There isnt any recall for this issue, if the customer reports the issue, the mountings are replaced. (Similar to diesel fuel filter change for the vento).

Its a definite problem in my polo 1.6 and has persisted from day one. I had complained the same, was told it may be loose due to mass production in factory and would be checked. Handed back saying they had tightened it, noise persists till this day.

This thread is very helpful, was thinking of getting it rectified during 1st service which is in may.

I feel VW India had Indianised the mounts with plain rubber cheap cost cut ones as compared to its German brother that sports hydraulic, just like the pre gen polo electricals and engines in the current one.

Even my uncles polo 1.6 was facing this problem,the engine mounts were changed during the last service.All is fine till date.

This is not an alarming issue , if your VIN number necessitates for this mount change do the same during your scheduled service .

Cheers!

Guys, how do I check whether my VIN necessitates replacement of Mounts or not?

'There is no active customer information is required for this technical product information'

So they are not actively informing the customer (plus did they translate German to English using some software?)

Hope the new ones have hydraulic ones from factory:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearOn (Post 2721199)
Guys, how do I check whether my VIN necessitates replacement of Mounts or not?

See post #9. If your VIN number is before that serial it would fall in the category of replacement.

Cheers!