Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 11:59   #1
BHPian

Tata Manza Recall : Tata to replace anti-roll bar bush

Tata Motors is replacing free of cost a part in the suspension system of its mid-sized sedan Manza that has been sold so far, without calling it a recall.

"We are replacing a plastic component called anti-roll bar bush which is connected to the suspension of the car. I am not aware of any complaint from customers and we are replacing it free of cost," a Tata Motors spokesperson said. He said the company is changing the anti-roll bar bush with a more sturdy material than the earlier one.

The anti-roll bar bush is placed between two moving metal parts to prevent friction and provide stability to the vehicle while on the move. "We are not recalling the Manzas. We are just changing the part as and when the cars are brought to the service centres by customers," he added. When asked how many units of the Manza will be covered under this exercise, he said: "All the Manzas that are sold so far."

He, however, declined to comment on the exact number of Manza sold so far. The model was launched in October 2009. As per the company's website, the Manza is currently priced between Rs 5.63 lakh and Rs 7.96 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Earlier last year, Tata Motors had asked an estimated 1.40 lakh Nano owners to bring back their cars for change of the starter motor free-of- cost. It was the biggest-ever replacement exercise in the Indian automobile history. At that time also, the company had insisted that it was not a recall and the old starter motor was replaced with a new and better one.

Source :

Tata Motors to replace suspension part in Manza free of cost

Tata Motors to replace suspension part in Manza free of cost - The Economic Times

http://www.thehindu.com/business/art...ce/?secid=2784

PS : Posting from mobile so please pardon me for any errors. Had searched the article but couldn't find any, if there's any existing article pls merge with that and apologise for the trouble caused.
Turbo_Charger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 14:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Manza Recall : Tata to replace anti-roll bar bush

I can refuse to call ice-cream as ice-cream; nevertheless, the fact remains that ice-cream will remain ice-cream . I don't understand why Tata is horrified of the word RECALL!

Still happy with the pro-active move. I'm a huge fan of recalls as it shows responsibility from the manufacturer, by supporting existing customers. No one builds a perfect car...not even Toyota or Mercedes. Best to fix a problem as you find it, even if its 5 years after building a car.
Old 4th April 2012, 18:50   #3
BHPian

Last week took delivery of my new Manza (March manufactured). Does the recall apply to my car too? I have sent a query to TML and my dealer. Good move from TATA motors. Thanks a lot for this information.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Tata for taking this proactive step. In my view they have been always like this starting from way back in 2001 when they replaced some of the serious problems in earlier Indicas with each fix costing to ~30K (if i remember it correctly) and stock market responded negatively to the news, their stock tanked. They still went ahead and did it.

Although i would have liked them to have much better QC.
Old 4th April 2012, 20:17   #5
BHPian

I think there is a problem with those anti-roll bar bushes in my figo too. My car creaks and squeaks whenever it jumps over a large-ish speed breaker or dives into a deep-ish pot hole. Also, I have noted that many owners have reported the same issue. I am yet to take the car to FASS to get it checked but I gues the Issue is with those bushes only.

Good that TATA realized the issue and changing the faulty part. As far as i remember, Clutch cylinders of early Punto's were also changed in the same manner.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 4th April 2012 at 20:18.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:00   #6
BHPian

No problem & no recall guys. Tatamotors has refuted the report in Economic times.
Tatas refute media reports; Indica still in focus - Rediff.com Business

Official: Tata Motors Denies Indica’s Retirement
Old 5th April 2012, 11:21   #7
BHPian

^ The news is about Tata replacing a part of the suspension component on the Tata Manza. You might have confused it to Tata shutting down that particular model my friend.

Its a good thing that they have taken the initiative to change the part on all Manzas. I hope that the customers are informed about the part being changed.
adishenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks