Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 10:25   #1
BHPian

Query : Hyundai Santro suspension

Hi Guys,

This is amit from mumbai. I owned a Hyundai Santro (2000 model) and car has done 35000 KMs.

Recently after regular servicing, the car dealer informed me that the front suspension springs of the car have gone out and need to be replaced otherwise it will cause more wear and tear of the tyres . He told me that the suspension of the car need to be replaced and also the bearings in the steering column needs to be replaced.

Can any one elaborate more about these parts and approximate cost of these (if I did the repair job from a hyundai dealer and from a non dealer).

Thanks,
Amit.
Old 7th April 2006, 10:44   #2
Jay
BHPian

hey F1amit, 35k kms and suspension change ??? mine has done 48k and still is in good condition, just got it serviced last month...

if you have a reliable mechanic then you can buy the parts from the dealer and get it fitted by your mechanic, else its always better to get it fitted by the dealer itself..

about the rates... i'm sorry, no idea...
Old 7th April 2006, 10:59   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

6 yrs and 35K on the odo ... thats very less driving for a suspension change im sure
Old 7th April 2006, 11:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

mumbai roads aint so great I guess

Check with other service center. Also; your tyre's ok?
Old 7th April 2006, 11:20   #5
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
6 yrs and 35K on the odo ... thats very less driving for a suspension change im sure
agree with you on this aZa, mine has done 48k kms in 4 years with it being sparingly used for 1 year as i was out of town....

F1amit any reason for the suspension needing change so soon ? show it to other mechanics/dealers too before you change.... was the cae used very roughly ??? off road driving ??? otherwise its too early and give that you have not used it much ( 6 yrs-35k kms )....
Old 7th April 2006, 19:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

First of all springs dont wear at all. They are replaced only if they break.

Secondly, you can figure out if your car needs a new suspension. How does it ride and handle....any noises when you hit a bump. Does it bounce around like a yo yo. Does it pull to one side, are the tires showing uneven wear. You need to look at all this.
Old 7th April 2006, 19:37   #7
BHPian

with MPower.

Check it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks