Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2012, 08:07   #1
BHPian

Condenser replaced = car starts jerking

I have a 1999 November Santro DX which has done close to 127000 kms. I have installed an LPG kit on the car, which I am not using due to various reasons. I had no issues with it in terms of mechanicals until recently when the condenser died on me. I took it to Trident Hyundai in Yeshwantpur, Bangalore, and was told that the bumper railing had been bent due to impact and was causing the radiator to press against the condenser which had damaged it. The SA said that the condenser had to be replaced, which I asked him to do.

Once I received the car from the service center, I started noticing that the car would jerk slightly when I tried to accelerate suddenly. Over a period of 48 hours, the slight jerking changed to an occasional violent shuddering. I took it back to the service center and asked them to check the car. I suspect that it was a case of a faulty fuel pump. However after keeping the car with them for a day, the service center returned it stating that there was no issue with the car and that I should probably get the LPG disconnected since it could be an issue with the LPG related wiring. I find this explanation a little strange since I never faced any such issues in the past. Could the experts on team-bhp throw some light on what they think could be wrong? I continue to face the occasional violent shuddering.

Thanks in advance
Old 27th May 2012, 11:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Condenser replaced = car starts jerking

Probably the wires for the injectors,crank sensor or TPS is loose. Otherwise the fuel filter could be dirty as well. I do not see any other problem.

also check fuses for tight fitting
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 13:51   #3
BHPian

How old are your engine mounts?
Old 28th May 2012, 09:12   #4
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Probably the wires for the injectors,crank sensor or TPS is loose. Otherwise the fuel filter could be dirty as well. I do not see any other problem.

also check fuses for tight fitting
Thanks Catalyst. Will get this checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
How old are your engine mounts?
I am the second owner and as far as I know, the mounts are the ones that came with the car.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2012 at 15:25. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 28th May 2012, 15:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msetlur View Post
I am the second owner and as far as I know, the mounts are the ones that came with the car.
The mounts are way past their usable life. Usually, mounts are changed in the 60-70K mark. Do change the gearbox mounts also if you are changing the engine mounts.

The most probable cause of the shuddering you described are the engine mounts.
JustCause is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 18:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Get the pressure in your ac system checked also happens in case of excessive gas fillup.
Psycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 22:10   #7
BHPian

Thanks Psycho and Just Cause.

I will get both of these checked and see if that resolves the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks