Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 00:12   #1

Esteem 1.3 Engine work or SWap?

i have an complete externally modded esteem,stereo n a free flow. plannin to start engine work ,so i wanted to know what the possibilities are and what exactly my 1.3l engine could do after complete tuning and modification . and should i consider an engine swap with a baleno or vtec or somethin . dont plan on turning it into a drag car,just a street car with good acceleration . . please help !!
Old 18th April 2006, 00:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

well a good porting & polishing job courtesy our in-house pyscho and say a conical filter, you existing free flow and a tune up should give you that mild kick that you need.
if you were yet using the carb version, i would maybe suggest a swap to a baleno engine, even in stock form the car would be so much faster.

manson.
Old 18th April 2006, 00:28   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well if u are looking at just a street car then i sincerely suggest u contact psycho .. He specializes with the esteems .. A lot of members like anush , aditya , godfather , amitoj have gone out really satisfied ..
Old 18th April 2006, 05:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well if u are looking at just a street car then i sincerely suggest u contact psycho .. He specializes with the esteems .. A lot of members like anush , aditya , godfather , amitoj have gone out really satisfied ..
Yep.. i totally agree to that... I guess a good head porting and polishing work with polished throttle body and a k&n should do the trick for your car... PM Psycho for this...
Old 20th April 2006, 20:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is it an MPFI or the Carb Engine???
Old 23rd April 2006, 05:22   #6
BHPian

hey buddy..ive done esteem's myself..it is a superb car if your lookin for street speed..well the basic mods should bring a noticable change..just drop in a 4" conical filter and a 4x2x1 header (which you already have) upgrade the plugs,ignition wires,msd blaster coil 2,the esteem has a flat spot in the 4th and 5th gear..after such high speeds it tends to just die out in the 4th and 5th..you could use an after market fuel pressure regulator(FSE),high lift camshaft's and a head facing,porting polishing job should get you a beautiful fast ride,also make sure you get strut braces designed for the car..2 for the front upper and lower and one for the back,this gives amazing stability to the car and at high speeds there's very minimum body roll and flex once you have all this sorted you should have a more than fast street car..if you do need any other info please feel free to pm me..cheers..happy revvin...!
dragger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
hey buddy..ive done esteem's myself..it is a superb car if your lookin for street speed..well the basic mods should bring a noticable change..just drop in a 4" conical filter and a 4x2x1 header (which you already have) upgrade the plugs,ignition wires,msd blaster coil 2,the esteem has a flat spot in the 4th and 5th gear..after such high speeds it tends to just die out in the 4th and 5th..you could use an after market fuel pressure regulator(FSE),high lift camshaft's and a head facing,porting polishing job should get you a beautiful fast ride,also make sure you get strut braces designed for the car..2 for the front upper and lower and one for the back,this gives amazing stability to the car and at high speeds there's very minimum body roll and flex once you have all this sorted you should have a more than fast street car..if you do need any other info please feel free to pm me..cheers..happy revvin...!
dragger you give lots of hope for us Esteem owners......wish you could fund us for all this......he he he very impressive information....if dreams were cars, i would ride 'em!!!!!
Old 18th October 2008, 00:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
Do these apply for the carb esteem also?
Old 18th October 2008, 02:30   #9
BHPian

Forgive me for buzzing in on someone else's thread but Is it really possible to have a baleno engine fitted in Esteem ? How much would it cost in New Delhi if anyone's aware of it ? I would love to have it done if at all possible !!!
Old 18th October 2008, 02:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Do these apply for the carb esteem also?
The headers, high lift camshaft and head facing, porting polishing will work, don't really know if the plugs,ignition wires,msd blaster coil 2 would make much of a difference right out of the box, personally haven't seen them do much on a stock or near-stock car!

simple upgrade for a carb esteem would be a 16v head from the mpfi esteem. you could run the 16v head with a carb , you'd need to fabricate the intake manifold for the carb to fit on the 16v head.

Alternatively if one has the $$ and also has access to someone who knows his sensors+wiring+ECM then you can convert the carb to EFI and run it - this EFI conversion would not really be an easy job though.

For some more $$ a DOHC head from a Swift GTi would be very cool thing to have!

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 18th October 2008 at 02:51. Reason: correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks