Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 20:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti 800 Problem

Guys ...i have a problem with my 800..its run like 61000 km..1998 carbureted model..My cars steering(vibrates a little)..nd the floor vibrated(a little more)..at speeds of above 95 km..The steering has no play..nd the car does not wander one bit ...also have got the alignment nd balancing done...
Showed it to the mechanic..he said that the steering rod has play...nd thats the cause of the vibration..nd we need to change the steering bushes..
My question...does the floor vibrate ..if the steering bushes are worn out..although when i saw the steering rod..it was fixed in a small gap..between the clutch nd brake pedals..so could this lead to floor vibration..?
Nd secondly..i also came upon this conclusion upon searching on the internet..that even the silencer mouting could be loose..or the silencer bush could be worn ..out..this could lead to vibration..?can this be the cause of floor vibration..??
Although i am an automobile engineer(just completed my diploma nd will be startin degree in automobile engg..from this june)..i lack a little practicle experience..
So please guys..give me ur opinions..gonna get the car done tomorrow..so want to know the answers..so if there is something else too ..i can get it checked..along with these things done..
Old 20th April 2006, 22:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey i have also noticed this with a couple of 800 at the speed near to what you said. To be precise the car seems a lot unstable and feels like its going out of control. Check for any wobling in the wheels and get the bearings checked if that dosent help take it to the authorised service not to any maruti service guy because these guys always put blaim some other component do not take any chance with your car and get it checked i am sure this will be fixed with less $$$
Old 21st April 2006, 16:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude..i got the steering bushing changed..nd the silencer bushing also changed...nd voila..the steering vibration stopped..at all the speeds..steering is rock steady even at 130...nd this time tried it on all road surfaces..steering is steady...but floor vibration is still present although decreased..but little floor vibration is there..
Nd yeah..my car is not unstable..it is properly planted to the road at any speeds..nd never feels like its goin out of control..
hey promod dude..how can the wheel bearings have any effect on the floor vibration?
Old 24th April 2006, 00:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey guys guess what...got the steering bush changed..nd the problem was gone for a day..nd suddenly next day while drivin at 100 km on the highway near mulund..the steering Bush suddenly came out.. ..the steering rod,steerin wheel was rotating in every direction possible..scared the ....out of me..took a u turn..drove at 40 kmph nd went directly the mechanic..he told me that ...the bush we had put was not that of a good quality..nd thats why gave way..went directly to the maruti authorized service station..got a MGP bush for 80 bucks..nd had to go through the lathe nd removin procedure of the steering rod etc all over again..nd the bush was back in its place..finally got it done...the steering became tight after that...but was happy with the high speed performance of the car..
Old 24th April 2006, 09:41   #5
BHPian

well i had the same problem...
after changing the tyers and getting the alignment and balancing done it was resolved...
Old 24th April 2006, 11:20   #6
BHPian

check the tie rods & change thme if necessary... it should help
regards
sanket
Old 29th November 2006, 10:55   #7
BHPian

I am also facing the same problem in m800 mpfi2 from last 2 days. Steering vibrates only when car is standing still ( I can feel and hear vibration ). What could be the reason ? How should I resolve this one ?
Old 29th November 2006, 12:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Steering Bush/broken silencer mountin seems like the problem.Get Both of them checked and your problem will be solved
Old 24th November 2009, 13:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Steering Bush/broken silencer mountin seems like the problem.Get Both of them checked and your problem will be solved
hi humyum,

in my recently purchased M800 2009, i feel steering vibration a lot when parked in neutral in signals and comes back to normal driving in gears. I face this steering vibration only when the vehicle is in neutral.

Can u guess what could be the problem or is this issue normal?
Old 24th November 2009, 14:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
hi humyum,

in my recently purchased M800 2009, i feel steering vibration a lot when parked in neutral in signals and comes back to normal driving in gears. I face this steering vibration only when the vehicle is in neutral.

That must be the normal engine idle, remember M-800 is a 3 pot.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
hi humyum,

I have a M800 2005 and the steering wheel does vibrate at idle. But not a lot. Like esteem_lover said, it's a characteristic of a 3 cyl engine. Even the A Star which has a modern 3 cyl engine is a bit rough when idling.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:02   #12
BHPian

I was happy till i reach my destination of almost 500 KM with my Old Type 2 Maruti 800 1997 1.17 Lakh KM on odo . But once I reach there the gear shifting has become little tight/Hard especially on the 1st and 2nd gear. And there is some dhuk dhuk sound from the rear LHS .This sound started on the way may be after 160 KM drive ,Any Idea what could be the reason. I have done a lot of work in the past 2 - 3 year . and the maintenance log has uploaded in one other thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-800-dx-2.html
Old 24th November 2009, 15:31   #13
BHPian

Forgot some more points. The rear LHS sound is there only if i drove on some uneven roads, if it is on some smooth rubberised road no sound at all .
Another issue is the Engine feels like it is slipping from some belt even without the AC on . Is it a timing belt issue ?
The overall idle vibration is also increased but if i give little acceleration the vibration disappears.
The clamp where the airfilter is fixing is broken and the nut is is missing .Does this need an immediate repair ? Looks like that is not the reason for engine vibration at idle and the slip belt effect .
Please advice
Old 24th November 2009, 16:05   #14
BHPian

esteem_lover & Gilead, Thanks for bringing smile on my face with your suggestion. I was really scared of this steering vibration and would have gone to MASS for a solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks