Team-BHP - The vehicles with the highest ownership costs in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   The vehicles with the highest ownership costs in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/12624-vehicles-highest-ownership-costs-india.html)

Hi,

Thought i would start a thread on how much does it cost to maintain your vehicle post warranty.. If members could specify info in the following template, that would be great!

a) Segment
b) Model name
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant, high, decent, cheap
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - what, how much did it cost you?

Here is some info. on cars that my wife and i own

a) C?
b) Baleno - '00
c) Rs.2K
d) decent
e) nothing really other than replacement of damages due to accidents. (Front grills, headlights, radiator, airconditioner unit etc + service charge. - Rs 1L)

a) c?
b) Ford Ikon Rally Sport - '00
c) Rs. 3K
d) high
e) chassis/underbody starts rusting (scrapping of speed breakers) - 3K, power steering unit (replaced during warranty)

a) C segment
b) City 1.3Exi 2001 March
c) 2k if all else is well
d) Exorbitant (even for minor body work)
e) oxygen sensor - 15k, bodywork apart from this (cosmetic accident damage - try not going to Honda for this anymore).

This month's Autocar has a good break up of spare cost for almost call cars. Take a look, It would help.

a) Segment = C
b) Model name = (New honda city)
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station = < Rs.1000/- (have only done 1 service out of warranty at local garage) and 2 free services at ichban honda - chembur.
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant, high, decent, cheap = decent - have only replaced oil filter and few pins on front bumper which costs nothing.
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - what, how much did it cost you?
not yet. i have done 12k in my NHC and it has passed 15 months.

Segment
b) Model name - OHC Vtec
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station - 1500
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant, high, decent, cheap - decent....so far
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - - what, how much did it cost you - rear light Rs 3000

Segment
b) Model name - M800 MPFI
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station - 2000 (yes you heard right)
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant, high, decent, cheap - decent.... cheap
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - - what, how much did it cost you - bttery Rs 2000+

Everyone knows that the Total Cost of Ownership(TCO) includes FE + Service + Spares costs. And that may be the sole reason why some vehicles outsells the others.

So which are the vehicles with the highest ownership cost in India (upto 25 lakhs range) ?

Please mention the spare parts & service availability also. :ZZZ:

Note from support team: Thread merged.

a) D
b) Skoda Octavia
c) Nothing less than 5k, thats if i'm lucky
d) Bloody high, insane
e) ECU (warranty), a few fuses, and a battery (ran out today morning, what a day)

Off Topic maybe..
Last week, i had given my car for its 4th service at 30k kms. And the bill i got, hold it, was Rs.18, 925!! This included change of engine oil, brake pads, fuel filter, headlamp washers (not the whole unit, just the cover) and fender painting. Now you know why i mentioned 'insane'

Anybody can post for Mondeo - Petrol ?

Model name: 2001 mpfi maruti zen vx dx
Average price you pay for a visit to the service station: i do all the servicings much before the intervals specified by the manufacturer,so its slightly higher if i mention it ,as i change the plugs ,oils -engine oil ,gear oil,brake oil ,coolant ,get the injectors cleaned and the like every 7-8k kms .otherwise its cheap as long as you dont get into anyaccidents ...
Rate cost of spares: affordable
biggest ticket items: clutch plate 3.8k,battery 3k ,strut kit rubber -1.2k ,due to low ground clearance prone to hitting stones and speed breakers

a)B+
b)Tata Indica DLS
c)1500(every 7500kms) (Oil change, service, niggles)
d)decent
e)Subros compressor overhaul - 8000 odd, Fuel pump overhaul(accident repair) - 6000

a) Segment: C?
b) Model name: 2000 Maruti Esteem VX
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station: 1500-1800 Rs
d) Rate cost of spares: decent
e) biggest ticket items: Rear central brake light-1800Rs and Engine oil:)

a) Segment: A
b) Model name: 1997 Maruti 800 Dx
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station: 400-600 Rs
d) Rate cost of spares: Cheap
e) biggest ticket items: I don't remember, none that strikes me

a) Segment - C
b) Model name - NHC Exi
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station - INR 1500 (estimated as I paid INR 1000 for a delayed third service with discounted labour charges)
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant, high, decent, cheap - Decent, no replacements yet but had a quick look at the rate list.
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - what, how much did it cost you? - None yet... ran 10K and is 8 months old!

Cheers.

a) Segment - C
b) Model name - Baleno Vxi
c) Average price you pay for a visit to the service station - dunno
d) Rate cost of spares - exhorbitant have look at this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...iesta-nhc.html
e) biggest ticket items (top 3) that you have had to replace - dunno.

anyways i expect the 'services charges' atleast to be cheap for baleno, but spares no way.

a. Segment -C
b. Fiat Petra
c. Rs 670!!! Yes when there was no repair
d. decent,
e. front fender replacement and painting 1400+2000, right door dent removal and painting, 5K, paid, got throttle body replaced under waranty, Rs 10K

PS: Checked the other thread, funny part is you have to pay ~10K for rear lights on a baleno, and they are ugly:Frustrati

Quote:

Everyone knows that the Total Cost of Ownership(TCO) includes FE + Service + Spares costs. And that may be the sole reason why some vehicles outsells the others.
It does not, actually. You would have to count depreciation and some other factors into the picture.

GTO