Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2021, 17:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Gear not slotting in Swift

I faced a similar issue with my 2008 Chevy Aveo 1.6 today. We were on our way back home after a round trip of about 250kms ( till then ) and stopped at a red light. I noticed the gear knob feeling more free and moving left and right in neutral. Tried slotting it into 1st gear and it goes into 3rd. Since the signal was green by then, tried to take the car in 2nd, and it was as though it had no 2nd gear. So with a huge traffic honking behind us, I had to rev hard and drive the car in 3rd gear and upwards. 3rd, 4th, 5th and the reverse gear are working fine. Note that the reverse gear position is on the left side of the 1st gear( with reverse lock).
We are still shocked about this and have to get it checked tomorrow itself. Hoping it's just a cable issue.
Old 18th June 2021, 00:09   #32
BHPian

Re: Gear not slotting in Swift

The gear in Maruti Swift 2016 petrol model has suddenly become very hard to slot in for the reverse gear position. Then I stopped the car and tried to understand the problem. When I am taking the gear lever from neutral to right side it feels like I am forcing it against some very hard spring and a big sound "dhyang" coming, and almost impossible to slot in reverse and also in fifth. It was never like this earlier. Other gears are smooth 1-2-3-4 are normal.

Last week I took it to washing service center (not maruti service station/MASS) and the workmen drove it to washing bay, hydraulic Jack and down and back to cleaning area. After that it was handed over to me. And I felt it from that time onwards.

What could be the reason? And any link to the washing service or bad handling by the washing fellows?

I am very much worried. It has run only 15.5k so far, almost new condition and returns excellent average.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks