Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 21:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: '09 Tata Vista Quadrajet - Engine Damaged!

This is definetly a warranty issue and a manufacturing defect. Persist and pursue with them to replace the engine under warranty.

The hose pipe that you are indicating is not something we can check on a daily basis akin to air pressure, oil pressure, fluid levels etc. It definetly is something that A.S.S needs to check and not something that can be accounted on the customer's head

Another example of Tata's quality.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:55   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
This is definetly a warranty issue and a manufacturing defect. Persist and pursue with them to replace the engine under warranty.

The hose pipe that you are indicating is not something we can check on a daily basis akin to air pressure, oil pressure, fluid levels etc. It definetly is something that A.S.S needs to check and not something that can be accounted on the customer's head

Another example of Tata's quality.
Sir this is what our plea has been all this while, but T.A.S.S in his greed to make extra buck is taking only one stand that this is customer induced defect through pipie damage on speed breakers or pot holes. The vehicle is lying with them since July'12.

It looks all these Auto fraternities want to cover their liberal sales dicount through this route.
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:40   #18
BHPian

@kapursaket-I will suggest you to visit the nearest Bosch authorized workshop and show your car there. If possible, find out which is the most reputed Bosch workshop in your city and if possible, show them your car.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:01   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
@kapursaket-I will suggest you to visit the nearest Bosch authorized workshop and show your car there. If possible, find out which is the most reputed Bosch workshop in your city and if possible, show them your car.

Bosch is the supplier of Common Rail Direct injection system and has no connection with the Turbo Charger. Common rail Direct injection is for fuel handling while turbocharger handles the air flow into the combustion chamber.
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Bosch is the supplier of Common Rail Direct injection system and has no connection with the Turbo Charger. Common rail Direct injection is for fuel handling while turbocharger handles the air flow into the combustion chamber.
ohk! Never knew that. Apologies for the invalid suggestion. Engine parts from ASC's come to Bosch workshop owned by my best friend's dad for overhauling. They have machines which cost is crores and I have heard from my friend that they also do some work related to turbochargers in another workshop they own, so I thought of suggesting you to check out with some Bosch workshop in your city.
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tata should cover the entire expense as the car is under extended warranty
When was the last service done ?
Was the condition of the hoses not checked in the last service ?
Has the leak developed suddenly if they are blaming you ?

Dont go by the dealer's words, push for a complete repair under warranty. Reach TATA Service helpline.

The coolant hose of the EGR valve on my swift D also developed a leak, MASS checked it at the 20K service and hose was replaced. I paid Rs 400 approx for the hoses and maruti waived 50% on the labour charges.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:34   #22
BANNED

A professionally drafted Legal Notice was sent to T.A.S.S and Tata Motors. Shall file the case in District Consumer Forum if satisfactory favorable response is not received.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:02   #23
BHPian

really sad to hear your sufferings with the TASC. Fail to understand why do TATA's treat their customers like taxiwallahs. Being a customer and having spent a good fortune on buying and maintaining a car, it is the right of a customer to demand proper customer service.

what has the service centre been doing all these days. Were they just washing the car and handing it over to you? That you could have done yourself or paid 100 rs to any roadside cleaner and he would have done it for you. Had they put your car on the lift and would have checked the pipes & fittings then this situation would never have come at all. Extended warranty means cost for complete peace of mind.

If these service centre guys do not listen, then write to Mr Karl slym. He is the now heading tata motors business(previously with GM) for entire india,china & some other countries. you can find his ID on the WEB. Side by side you can also mention the greatness of the dealership who have morons at their workshop. I was planning to buy an Indigo CR4 last year but bought Ritz VDI due to my horrendous experience and stories that i had heard with TASC.

Please do not hesitate to file an FIR against the dealer also.

Last edited by su1978 : 25th September 2012 at 13:06. Reason: spelling mistakes
su1978 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks