Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 13:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Power Steering Repair - TRW Rane Service centers

I know for a fact that TASC's get TRW rane to do the power steering repairs, much like they have Lucas TVS work on the pumps, and Just like I've found it much easier to go directly to lucas TVS, I wonder if Rane/TRW have any of their own authorized mechs/shops.

I'm in chennai, and I think chennai should have one (one of RANE's plants is here!)
I've been due for a power steering overhaul for a while now. Was thinking about cutting out the middleman.

Does anyone have any info about these ?
Old 16th October 2012, 14:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Power Steering Repair - TRW Rane Service centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

I've been due for a power steering overhaul for a while now. Was thinking about cutting out the middleman.
Hi greenhorn,

I have no idea about RANE's service centers, but, regarding PS, what exactly are you looking to sort out?
Old 16th October 2012, 14:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

A few years ago, I was told that the bearings in my PS are bust ( they would make a khat noise every now and then) and that I would need to do something about it eventually. The steerings is feeling hard, even though the fluid levels are fine, and the noise seems to be becoming more. Just wanted to know if getting it overhauled as opposed to replaced was a possiblity, and where it could be done
Old 16th October 2012, 14:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
A few years ago, I was told that the bearings in my PS are bust ( they would make a khat noise every now and then)
========
overhauled as opposed to replaced was a possiblity, and where it could be done
A good garage can do PS steering overhaul, most of the parts are just plug and play. There is not much that can be repaired and put back. The Santro one was quoted 22k plus tax, my local jeep mech Gopal did a complete overhaul with new seals etc for under 4k.

Reg steering tightness, hope the tyres are good and the strut assembly in good condition?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

yup, tyres and suspension bushes are 6 months/6k kms old. struts and ball joints were replaced 2 years/10K kms back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks