Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Power Window Switch Recall on the Toyota Camry & Corolla

Hi,

I own a Toyota Camry 2007 Automatic W2.
I got a call today from the dealer in Delhi - Galaxy Toyota, informing me that there is a recall for a problem in a Power Window Switch in Toyota Camrys and Corollas.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...switch-1-.html
They requested me to get the car to the workshop for 2 hrs to get the issue fixed.
Has anybody else also get a call about this ?
While searching on google I found a url for Toyota US users, where by entering the Unique VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for a Toyota vehicle you can get all the details, including recalls.
Does anybody know of a similar url for Toyota cars sold in India. I couldnt find it. If we can find this it will give a lot of other useful information for our specific Toyota Vehicles.

Styler
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 19:53   #2
AWD
BHPian

re: Power Window Switch Recall on the Toyota Camry & Corolla

Ok, read the article. Earlier Toyota recalled for Similar problem with the Dipper switch. I got mine replaced twice. 2nd time was when smoke emitted from replaced under Recall switch!

Last edited by AWD : 10th December 2012 at 20:05.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:44   #3
BHPian

Re: Power Window Switch Recall on the Toyota Camry & Corolla

An update.

I got the Power Switch Work done for my Camry yesterday.
I also got the Service done, along with the replacement of front brake pad replacement.

It seems one of the rear shocker is leaking. I want to check the price of original Toyota shockers in the aftermarket. If anybody know a reliable shop in Delhi selling original Toyota spares, do let me know.

Styler
Old 7th September 2013, 18:22   #4
BHPian

Hi guys. I have a manual 2007 W1 Camry. Have been facing a few issues thought I'd get an opinion from you about the same. It's the rains which have brought the issue to the front. The auto wipers are not working!! I mean they don't detect any rain and in case of a drizzle need to keep manually flicking the switch to mist clearing mode. The ASS say the sensor is spoiled when the windscreen was replaced. The funny part is that they themselves had replaced the same when it cracked a couple of months back. Never tested the auto wipers since there were no rains at the time and now I'm told that the sensor needs to be replaced and it costs around 12k and ofcourse needs to be ordered first. My question is whether its the sensor or the stalk that is acting up have any of you faced such an issue? The other problem is that the right headlight xenon has grown dim and after a little while switches off completely. One needs to switch off the lights and switch on again and it comes back to life for a bit before clonking off again! Do xenons get replaced or does the entire headlight assembly need to be changed? Got the tyres changed to Bridgestone touranza recently (the car has done 68k) Kms and this was the second replacement but this time the steering feels weird after the change. I guess the bearings et all adjusted themselves to a different tune on the older tyres!! The music system has now stopped reading cd's and the other day the screen went blank though the radio was on. Does anyone have an idea whether the music system could be replaced? The Ac controls on the steering wheel have also stopped working. Is there anyone who has faced this issue? What is the solution for this? This pile up of problems has been sudden and over the past 6-8 months. Makes me wonder what has suddenly gone wrong with an otherwise wonderful machine. Is it telling me it's time for it to get replaced??

Most Viewed