Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:18   #1
BHPian

matiz average problem

hi my matiz gives just an average of 8-10kmpl. I have tried replacing the injectors, cleaning the exhausts, getting the car thoroughly tuned, sparks plugs changed and whatever else goes into tuning. the average is getting worse day by day. you can actually notice the needle going down after drving fr 15-20 kms. please suggest something, I do not want to sell this car.

I have got this car serviced by three diff guys - authorized dealers in chandigarh and amritsar and other repair guys from outside. they offered me the injectors as the last resort, but the problem is still there after spending 6000 bucks on injectors.

Please suggest something !
Old 23rd May 2006, 10:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check for fuel leaks. Do you smell petrol inside the cabin?
Clean or replace the airfilter if its dirty.

Drifter
Old 23rd May 2006, 10:37   #3
BHPian

yo zzehar, i get about 9-10max with ac 100% on and driving with a medium heavy foot in chennai city traffic. i too tried fuel injector cleanin, oil change, spark plug cleanin, tyre pressure, checked for fuel leaks, got tuning done. airfilter is clean, checked breaks to see if they were jammed etc etc. none of the above helped raise the FE by even 1kmpl, so i guess we're in the same boat.
do lemme kno if u do manage to improve the FE
p.s wat year is ur matiz?? i got a 2001 model.
Old 24th May 2006, 01:55   #4
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is dealt with severely.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 24th May 2006 at 02:10.
Old 24th May 2006, 02:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
yo zzehar, i get about 9-10max with ac 100% on and driving with a medium heavy foot in chennai city traffic. i too tried fuel injector cleanin, oil change, spark plug cleanin, tyre pressure, checked for fuel leaks, got tuning done. airfilter is clean, checked breaks to see if they were jammed etc etc. none of the above helped raise the FE by even 1kmpl, so i guess we're in the same boat.
do lemme kno if u do manage to improve the FE
p.s wat year is ur matiz?? i got a 2001 model.
thanks for ur concern...my matiz iz also 2001 model. I think ur still lucky to get 9-10 kmpl WITH A/C - mine gives 8-10 kmpl without A/C. I have tried everything possible now the only option left is to start driving my bike and let the car be a showpiece.

Like I mentioned, the car's been serviced properly, all the filters changes, timing belt set, rpm sensor checked, pick up decreased a bit (didn't help increase FE), oils changes, plugs changes, exhausts cleaned, injectors replaced, tyre pressure checked....I cannot think of anything else ? please suggest something that could be done to increase FE a bit.
Old 24th May 2006, 02:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

First of all what methode are you using to measure fuel efficiency ?
Because relying on Matiz fuel gauge is a big No-No.

You can try fitting in K&N air filters which will give you some improvement in fuel efficiency.

My 2001 stock Matiz gives around 13.25KMPL in Pune city driving with 70% AC usage.
Old 24th May 2006, 02:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
First of all what methode are you using to measure fuel efficiency ?
Because relying on Matiz fuel gauge is a big No-No.

You can try fitting in K&N air filters which will give you some improvement in fuel efficiency.

My 2001 stock Matiz gives around 13.25KMPL in Pune city driving with 70% AC usage.

I get the tank full and then measure it till it shows me the reserve light again. I also tried filling just 4 lts of fuel and then checked It, same results. which one would you suggest?
how much does K&N filter costs and what does it do?
Old 24th May 2006, 03:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for misinformaing in my previous post.
AC usage was around 40% and not 70% as reported earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
I get the tank full and then measure it till it shows me the reserve light again. I also tried filling just 4 lts of fuel and then checked It, same results. which one would you suggest?
For checking your fuel efficiency,
Fill up your car upto auto cut off. Don't fill up more even if there is space for more.
Note kilometer reading. You can reset trip meter too.
Use your car for some time with normal driving style (i use it for a week) then go to the same filling station and on same machine fill it up again upto auto cut off.
Note final reading and amount of fuel filled in.
From that you can calculate your FE.
This is the procedure I followed and from it got FE of 13.25KMPL

Quote:
how much does K&N filter costs and what does it do?
This thread should answer your question as what K&N does.
You make use of Search function on this forum to find various topics related to air filters.
Old 24th May 2006, 04:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Sorry for misinformaing in my previous post.
AC usage was around 40% and not 70% as reported earlier.

For checking your fuel efficiency,
Fill up your car upto auto cut off. Don't fill up more even if there is space for more.
Note kilometer reading. You can reset trip meter too.
Use your car for some time with normal driving style (i use it for a week) then go to the same filling station and on same machine fill it up again upto auto cut off.
Note final reading and amount of fuel filled in.
From that you can calculate your FE.
This is the procedure I followed and from it got FE of 13.25KMPL

This thread should answer your question as what K&N does.
You make use of Search function on this forum to find various topics related to air filters.
thanks adya...but when I refuel the car after one week, do you want me to note the fuel needle? and how much km it ran ? or do you want me to empty the tank and then note the reading on the odo?
Old 24th May 2006, 04:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

don't give much attention to fuel gauge.
My car ran about 150 odd KM in a week when I checked its FE.
You can fill in any time you want no need to wait until tank gets empty

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks