Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2006, 14:14   #1

LPG conversion for a FORD 1.6

Hello

I have a ford ikon 1.6 2000 done 30000 and i wanted to know if it is advisable to have it converted into gas .. i live in Hyderabad in case anyone knows good mechanics in HYD who can have it converted it would help.... i have read a couple of threads reagrding this but could not take a decision and really wondering if it is worth have this car converted .. I could really use your suggestions
Old 29th May 2006, 17:30   #2
BHPian

i have heard lots of people having problems with Ikon after installing LPG within 3 months...
i have heard about 3 ikons 2-1.6 and 1-1.3...

both 1.6 had to shell out 60-70K for repairing the car and not sure about 1.3ikon
Old 29th May 2006, 17:57   #3
BHPian

Overall ford is heavy on maintenance. doing any mod will cost you big time.
Old 29th May 2006, 18:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am from Hyd and I got LPG installed in my Siena 1.2 (now sold) for Rs. 21000. I got this fixxed in Begumpet, in the lane next to Hockey stadium (opp. to minister road). Was referred by tbhp member Hariyan. The installation was good and there was no loss in power though the engine was smoother when run in petrol.

It was very unfortunate the person who did my installation expired few months ago. I am not sure if his brother is still running the business. Once you go in to the lane i mentioned earlier and travel a few meters, you would see a garage written Lovato all over. Ask for Deepak.

I had BRC kit installed in my car.
Old 2nd June 2006, 04:34   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I am from Hyd and I got LPG installed in my Siena 1.2 (now sold) for Rs. 21000. I got this fixxed in Begumpet, in the lane next to Hockey stadium (opp. to minister road). Was referred by tbhp member Hariyan. The installation was good and there was no loss in power though the engine was smoother when run in petrol.

It was very unfortunate the person who did my installation expired few months ago. I am not sure if his brother is still running the business. Once you go in to the lane i mentioned earlier and travel a few meters, you would see a garage written Lovato all over. Ask for Deepak.

I had BRC kit installed in my car.
Hey thanks a lot satish I will try going over there and see what i get ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks