Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 13:14   #1

Power Window Problem -Santro

I got my front left side glass stuck, got inspected in Popular Hyundai Cochin, they said the motor is gone and replacement will cost 3500rs. I felt the price quoted is too much for only one motor. Can you guys please help me if there is any OEM motor available and what will be the cost
Thx.
Old 2nd June 2006, 13:21   #2
BHPian

OEM Motors are generally in the likes of 2000-4000, As its not only the motors that are availabe, its a complete set of the Rail and motor..! You can check with any decent accessories shop if they can repair that motor..or replace with any one they have as usually the rail breaks off and motors are fine, so if you're lucky there might be a Santro Motor available..!
Old 2nd June 2006, 14:20   #3
BHPian

just take ur car to a good roadside garage specializing in auto electricals and get the motor rewound. i ve done that and trust me these guys know more tech than the factory guys as theyve been playing with these rotors, stators, rectifiers, windings all their life. only make sure ure going to auto electrical guy as the other guys who are jack of all master of none have the potential to do wrong wiring and cause fatal accidents to the extent of the car getting burnt. so beware.
Old 2nd June 2006, 20:20   #4
BHPian

yes, 2fast4u is right. You can have a check in a good local shop rather then going for Company showroom, Such small parts also will cost a bomb there.
Old 2nd June 2006, 20:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go to your local old parts bazaar. It should be available there. Chennai Pudupet is great for these things, if u happen to go to Chennai, i.e.
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

what about warranty?
Old 12th December 2009, 12:32   #7

I have the similar problem and am new in bangalore, please suggest me some local shops that can do the job for my car.

service center is asking 3500/- for changing it, they say repair is not possible..
Old 14th December 2009, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I have the similar problem and am new in bangalore, please suggest me some local shops that can do the job for my car.

service center is asking 3500/- for changing it, they say repair is not possible..
There are people in JC road, Bangalore who will do it for a better price than the showroom anyday.
If you need, I will be happy to give you phone nos of persons who particularly do this thing, on JC road, PM me or call me on 9900239781.
If you are comfortable with Shivajinagar, you can also get it done there but i personally have never got any car jobs done there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks