Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 17:03   #31
BHPian

Good to know that the issue is sorted but did suggest you to do this at first as I experienced the same.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 00:57   #32
BHPian

Re: Linea Diesel: No one is able to solve engine problem EDIT: Now solved !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Thank you for the update Travelbug. Good to know the issue is sorted out.This thread indeed turned out to be a good discussion where I learned quite a number things.
Also just for information sake may I know the cost of the repair and if the car in under warranty did they cover this as part of the same.
Hi pdma,

I just had to pay 900 Rs for that inlet hose and yes not to forget they burned 1000 Rs Diesel for their hit and trial testing again and again while going for numerous test drives but I feel in the end it was worth it. I do have valid extended warranty but the part was not covered under it so I had to pay.

Thanks,
Travelbug
Old 10th November 2013, 01:27   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs. They were unable to identify the problem hence they cleaned up everything related TC and Exhaust manifold. In the end they just replaced the inlet hose and now all error codes are gone and car is running fine. They were also unable to tell me that why they have changed inlet hose when they told it was fine.
All is well that ends well.

Good that the problem is solved How does the car feel now? The driving feel?

Good that they cleaned everything and set all as normal so it does say that the sensors were not working properly or not getting the right input to communicate to the ECU hence the error codes and the loss of power, excess smoke etc.

So the problem was solved in a fluke attempt. Congrats any way.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 01:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
All is well that ends well.

Good that the problem is solved How does the car feel now? The driving feel?

Good that they cleaned everything and set all as normal so it does say that the sensors were not working properly or not getting the right input to communicate to the ECU hence the error codes and the loss of power, excess smoke etc.

So the problem was solved in a fluke attempt. Congrats any way.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag, It feels like I'm driving a LINEA full of Boost at around 2200 RPM as for last 6 months I felt like I was driving a truck with no TC
Old 10th November 2013, 05:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Thanks Anurag, It feels like I'm driving a LINEA full of Boost at around 2200 RPM as for last 6 months I felt like I was driving a truck with no TC
FYI - you should not have driven the Linea like that for six months. Do ask them to extend your warranty for six months lest this lead to any turbo/engine issues down the road - their incompetence in solving this issue means they should extend the warranty to give you as much peace of mind ownership as before.
Old 21st November 2013, 23:39   #36
BHPian

Just an update, after they did all the cleaning of intake manifold and various other parts I'm getting constant mileage of 22-23 kmpl in the city. Pretty happy to see engine getting back in shape. Also I'll upgrading the suspension as per the new Linea specs
Travelbug is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks