Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 11:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India Recall: Front seat frame

To all existing Fabia owners , it might be worth it to check with your local workshops on whether your car is eligible for seat frame replacement.

When i took the car for servicing , post the creation of the job card i was informed that my car has an alert from Skoda which instructs the workshop to completely replace the frame of the front 2 seats , a long job for which you should provision having the car out for a day or definitely 4-5 hours.

The problem i believe lies in the channels on which the seat moves up and down. They have noticed that after a prolonged period of time where the seat has been stationary , owing to the build up of rust when one does move it the channel or the bearings on which the seat runs can break.

I am not entirely aware of which cars are eligible , mine is a 1.6 2012 model. Work includes only the front two seats.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 11:14   #2
E63
BANNED

re: Skoda India Recall: Front seat frame

Not entirely sure I should be bothered.

That seat adjust lever is the most used component on my car, courtesy of two drivers(me 6'1" and dad 5'4") but still.

Anyways whats the source of news?
Old 15th November 2013, 12:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Even i did not get it done during that visit. Source is the Skoda service center itself , the cars requiring this / needing this are tagged in their systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
Not entirely sure I should be bothered.

That seat adjust lever is the most used component on my car, courtesy of two drivers(me 6'1" and dad 5'4") but still.

Anyways whats the source of news?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I don't think my 2009 Jan Fabia model may be eligible for this or even required, but will check nevertheless.
Old 15th November 2013, 13:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The problem i believe lies in the channels on which the seat moves up and down. They have noticed that after a prolonged period of time where the seat has been stationary , owing to the build up of rust when one does move it the channel or the bearings on which the seat runs can break.
Do you notice any indication of rusting along those tracks anywhere in yours? I think this could be because of the higher localization they went for since the facelift, from end 2010. If so, we perhaps must be prepared for more such surprises in the days to come.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 15:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

No I did not but did not give it a close look. I moved my seat probably after 5 months of it being in the position it was and there was no problem at all , plus the car was already in the service dock when they told me so there was no way to really inspect it at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Do you notice any indication of rusting along those tracks anywhere in yours? I think this could be because of the higher localization they went for since the facelift, from end 2010. If so, we perhaps must be prepared for more such surprises in the days to come.
Old 17th November 2013, 14:43   #7
BHPian

Re: Skoda India Recall: Front seat frame

So seems like the entire group is facing the issue?

Sometime last year, VW rolled out a similar campaign: the front seat rails were rusting.
Something we discussed here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks