Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:25   #1
BHPian

Turtle Wax Platinum Series question

Hi friends,

Just got my pack of Turtle Wax for my Wagon R which I ordered from The Professional Car Care Center http://www.tpc3carcare.com/

It cost me Rs 1075 (805 + 150 freight + 120 VAT).

Now the wax is some old. Although I can't make out the date of import, the stickers that say "date of import" is some faded and yellowed. This is the first time I am seeing this wax and on the inside it looks like wet dough (not the waxy kind of look like Mansion posish has and not the Formula 1 polish look).

Now I have a few questions:

1. Does the pack come with an applicator? There was no applicator with this one.

2. Does the wax look like really wet dough? Please click picture for larger view.

3. The label for Directions for use got torn when I tried to remove the Import Sticker...so I am not sure if I am reading right. What it says is ..1. Apply on a cool, clean surface, not in direct sunlight. Do not moisten applicator with water.... so I should use a dry applicator, right?

Because I read on the Turtle Wax site that you must dampen applicator for F21 and Super Hard Shell waxes..

" Q: Should I use a wet or dry applicator when applying wax?
A: Turtle Wax® recommends dampening the applicator for best results when applying F-21 or Super Hard Shell Waxes. The damp applicator enables the user to apply a uniform layer of wax."

4. Can I also use Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell now and then? Or stick to Platinum? Does Super Hard Shell last longer?

Thanks in advance.

johy

Last edited by johy : 22nd June 2006 at 19:29.
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:40   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. Does the wax look like really wet dough? Please click picture for larger view.
If thats how it looked when you first opened it, then it shudnt have looked like this.

Quote:
so I should use a dry applicator, right?
Better to use a damp applicator since its better to spread it over the surface.
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
If thats how it looked when you first opened it, then it shudnt have looked like this.
mmmm..I wonder if the wax is damaged. I know for one Mansion polish lasts for ages...wonder about this one? Will the waxing quality be inferior in an old wax? Rudra, are you reading this one?
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:33   #4
BHPian

..no more responses..please help me guys!
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
Hi friends,

Now I have a few questions:

1. Does the pack come with an applicator? There was no applicator with this one.

johy

hey ...the pack will come with an applicator ....and if it looked like this when you got it ...then somethings wrong ...it will have the same look as the formula1 or others ...

and NO...you dont need to moisten teh applicator when you use the Platinum Series wax paste ...

just apply it after cleaning teh car and allow it to dry to a whitish haze ...then just wipe off the dried wax ...and then you know what to do ...rubbbb rubbb ruubbbbb

why dont you write to mr rajesh manchanda of TPC ....at rajesh_manchanda@vsnl.com

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:29   #6
BHPian

Thanks v12 and speedsatya,

Wrote to Mr. Manchanda and he says it probably got shaken..and I think too. Anyways, I am going to try the wax soon (hopefully this weekend) and post results and pictures.

- Johy
Old 24th June 2006, 22:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
just apply it after cleaning teh car and allow it to dry to a whitish haze ...then just wipe off the dried wax ...and then you know what to do ...rubbbb rubbb ruubbbbb
Cheers
You could use a electric powered polishing machine with a woollen Bonnet.

So long....
Old 1st July 2006, 17:06   #8
BHPian

Hi friends,

The rain gods finally showed some mercy and I was able to squeeze in some time and expend some megacalories calories to try out my new wax. I am posting pictures of before and after waxing. The pictures are hi-res - please click on thumbnails to enlarge (you can actually click them once again on the image shack site to see the full-blown images). The pictures are pretty large so they might take to load on a slow dial-up connection.

IMHO -- I felt the Platinum series wax is much better than the Formula1 I had used so far. The wax seems to really enhance the color so much. Also, it is pretty hard (the earlier "wet" look that the wax had was due to transit) - unlike Formula1 and you have to really rub and rub ( Varun - I think I need to get one of those fancy electric-powered machines soon; how good are they?)

Here are the pictures before waxing. The difference pre- and post-waxing - I leave the decision up to you guys.

Pictures after waxing

Thanks,

- Johy

P.S.: I hope the mods can edit the title to "Turtle Wax Platinum Series question: Results and pictures posted."

Last edited by johy : 1st July 2006 at 17:08.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:24   #9
BHPian

I am in US for about 10 days and I went to the Target store yesterday. I saw a nice box of turtle wax and a bottle of detailer. I think combined they are around $25 (INR 1250). Is it worth buying it here?

Is there any other brand that i should look for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks