Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20: Oil Leak from the Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Need some urgent help guys. My i20 diesel is 2 yrs old and has done 18k kms. When I sent it for servicing to kun hyundai, adyar, chennai and told them that there is excessive smoking; they called back saying that tuebocharger is leaking and has to be replaced. When I told them that the car is underbwarranty, theynkept giving me arbit answers and have now told me that they have replaced gadkets, oil rings etc and that you drive for 2 months and if still smoke comes, we will replace the turbo under warranty. What do I make of it all and what should I do? My i20 is under wa4ranty till mar-15.

My car is lately giving me incity mileage of 8-10 kmpl. Is leaky turbocharger the issue? Btw, the smoke is black smoke.

Looking fwd to your help and suggestions.
Oil smoke is white. Diesel smoke is black.
It looks like they don't know what is the reason. Doing trial and error. Insist to state the problem clearly and then resolve.
Old 19th May 2020, 14:14   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20: Oil Leak from the Turbo

Hello Houston, I am facing a similar problem in my Hyundai Verna Diesel, you can see a film of Engine Oil on the pipe that goes from the Compressor side of the Turbocharger to the Inter-cooler.

Were you able to find a good Turbo repair workshop in Bangalore? or how did you deal with the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20: Oil Leak from the Turbo-turbo-leak.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks