Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 18:26   #1
bpm

GETZ Accident Info

Hi guys...am new here... just wanted some specific spares info...

i met with an accident in my getz ...wanted some clarifications on the percentage that the insurance company will pay for these particular parts...(car is one yr old)

1. Radiator Assembly -
2. Motor-Radiator Cooling Fan -
3. Supt Assembly Front Bumper Up -
4. Lamp Assy-Head -

please lemme know asap guys...any info will be appreciated...

booo hooo...i am brokeeeeee :(
Old 29th June 2006, 09:51   #2
BHPian

Hi

Generally the rebate is 10 to 15% on metal parts and upto 50% on plastics.Now if the radiator is included ion plastics ypu will have to pay upto 50% of its cost and if you are lucky then it gets included in the metal parts it will cost you only 10% of its cost.Glass is at 50% as far as I know . Hope this helped you.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:06   #3
bpm

thanks a ton for the reply mate...

does anyone know, whether the getz radiator falls into the metal or plastics catagory...

thanks.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

1. Radiator Assembly - A bit complicated this one. If the mounting brackets etc. are made of plastic (which most of todays cars have), then 50%

2. Motor-Radiator Cooling Fan - THis is plastic, so only 50%

3. Supt Assembly Front Bumper Up - Again, if this is plastic, 50%

4. Lamp Assy-Head - 50%!

Basically, any plastic or part plastic component means you pay 50% and the insrance pays 50%. For metal parts, they pay 90% you pay 10% (depreciation).
Old 29th June 2006, 12:08   #5
BHPian

hi bpm,

my getz too met with an head-on accident last year, and suffered almost similar damages as yours + bonnet and side fender. The parts you mentioned all fall under platics category and you'd have to pay 50% of those. Tough luck mate.

\N
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:42   #6
BHPian

hi there,,
if the car is one year and one day old, means u have got ur insurance renued once, then u will have to pay 15% on the metal parts,, plastic is always 50% no matter how old ur car is, glass u will get the full amount from the insurance but u will have to pay for the rubber bedding and the selent kit,, and radiator is coverd in the insurance, u will not have to pay anything on that,,

u will hav eto pay another Rs 500/- as a clause charge,, for a car of more than 1500cc it is Rs 1000/-

the insurance does not cover the nuts and bolts used in the car but they pay all the service tax and allied taxes,,

i know some workshops charging more for the same u can challange them and i will glad to support u,, i have all the details on paper, as all the insurance companies are goverened by this single government body,,
regards,,
driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky
Generally the rebate is 10 to 15% on metal parts and upto 50% on plastics.Now if the radiator is included ion plastics ypu will have to pay upto 50% of its cost and if you are lucky then it gets included in the metal parts it will cost you only 10% of its cost.Glass is at 50% as far as I know . Hope this helped you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks