Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:50   #1
BANNED

Convert Air compressor to a Pressure water washer?

I have an Air compressor of 3 HP, but I need to convert it into a pressure water wash system, using nozzles and so. I don't want to try blindly, have to collect more details on it. if anyone can throw some details, it will be helpful.

I have an air compressor for borewell, but without an air tank. I don't have money to buy a Bosch or karcher brands.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2014 at 16:42. Reason: Typos
rajivanoj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd February 2014, 17:04   #2
BHPian

re: Convert Air compressor to a Pressure water washer?

Remember one important point that air is compressible and water is not!
So directly converting a air compressor into a water compressor is not possible.

What you can think of is a closed tank (accumulator) where you already have some water in it and the top portion is air. When you use your air compressor to pump further air in this sealed tank the pressure within is going to rise. You can use this pressure built up to your own benefit by adding a pressure hose to the bottom of the tank covered by water which will force water with pressure out of the system and can be used to clean vehicles.

You will have to use one or two valves like a pressure relief valve and also a valve to regulate the pressure inside the system when the valve connecting the water hose is open.
Old 2nd February 2014, 17:19   #3
BHPian

Without compressed air tank nothing can be done with just the Compressor for water wash.
Fit a T to the bore well outlet pipe. Have a control valve & a ½” reducer to connect to a flexible pipe.( Make sure to use a filter. I think you are using Compressor due to silt present in the bore well.)
The negative side, water flow will be intermediate.

If tank used.
Tank volume min 250 L capacity.
Working pressure : 4-7 bar / 58-101 psi.

Air pressured Water washing Gun
Convert Air compressor to a Pressure water washer?-washgun.jpg
narendra.vw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 18:29   #4
BANNED

@ amit, narendra

Thanks for your input, as you both say, it seems like the process of spray paint, so there wont be much pressure and though it has, i have to spend much on bigger tank to store air and another tank for water, so it will be too costly, Thanks for input. Is there any cheaper brands of pressure washer for around Rs.5000. Bosch and karcher is costly. I feel its better to buy an pressure washer, since full water wash is about Rs.350 here, including under chassis, but i cant do that under, but can try a bit few inches from the edge. So i drop the idea of converting the air compressor into pressure washer
Old 2nd February 2014, 23:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ amit, narendra

Thanks for your input, as you both say, it seems like the process of spray paint, so there wont be much pressure and though it has, i have to spend much on bigger tank to store air and another tank for water, so it will be too costly, Thanks for input. Is there any cheaper brands of pressure washer for around Rs.5000. Bosch and karcher is costly. I feel its better to buy an pressure washer, since full water wash is about Rs.350 here, including under chassis, but i cant do that under, but can try a bit few inches from the edge. So i drop the idea of converting the air compressor into pressure washer
Check this one from Skil.

http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-skil-h...5-ebb5ee819d58
Old 3rd February 2014, 00:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ amit, narendra

i have to spend much on bigger tank to store air and another tank for water,
No both should be in the same tank otherwise you would just get a spray not a jet. You need only one tank.

Why not you try to search for the cost of the two reciprocating pumps which service centres use. They are of local make and might be cheaper than Bosch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks