Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 14:10   #1
BHPian

Please help

Hi there, folks it's been a nightmare driving through crater size pot holes during heavy rains the last few days. I have hit several pot holes hard, and since yesterday I am hearing some noise (like chugging ) specially when I go above 60 and that too in the 5th gear. I drove this morning to work on palm beach marg in the 4th gear and have not seen any other problem. I jus thope I am not imagining the noise. ANyway my Q is is this indicative of some major problem and does it need o be checked immediately. IS there any thing that I can visually inspect for. I have read somewhere that clogged or dented exhaust pipes make this kind of noise. Idrive the petra 1.6.

Thanks in anticipation of your solutions. How I hate the roads right now.
Old 5th July 2006, 14:38   #2
BHPian

get a complete checkup done at a FIAT service station ASAP.. You might have a damaged:
- suspension component
- crankcase - god forbid!!
- exhaust system

try to get under the car and see which part looks bent out of shape..
Old 5th July 2006, 14:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
get a complete checkup done at a FIAT service station ASAP.. You might have a damaged:
- suspension component
- crankcase - god forbid!!
- exhaust system

try to get under the car and see which part looks bent out of shape..
Hi Nitinbhag

Thanks, I will do that. I got it serviced at Fort point Thane recently, they are not picking up the phone right now. Do you know of other fiat service centers in Mumbai preferably in Navi mumbai area or sion /vashi.
Old 17th July 2006, 17:46   #4
BHPian

Hi, I took my car(fiat petra I had hit some potholes hard-driving at 70 on the highway) to Fort point last week and they checked and said that there was no noise and nothing was wrong. Well, when I got the car back and drove, I could still feel that noise and in addition I was also getting some vibrations at high speeds. This morning, I took the car again to the garage and I went along with the mechanic, initially he kept saying no he did not hear any noise, but when the soft pounding noise (initially I had described it as soft chugging noise) became audible to him, he agreed yes there was problem. They said they will check the wheel and do wheel balancing etc. I called them just a while ago and the guy told me that the struts on both the wheel were damaged. He is talking with someone about getting it straightened. This is all too technical for me. Can someone provide a simple explanation as to whether this is the right dx and is it covered under warranty -he said it is not. Or if the bill comes too high should i claim insurance? Confused-please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks