Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
There would be a button on the top portion of the seat where the head rest rods sink in, you need to depress this to release the head rest.
I know of similar buttons for the seats in the rear, but there's nothing like that for the front seats... i have done fumbling over the front seats for anything button-like.
Anything else ?
Old 29th December 2006, 18:58   #17
BHPian

mail4ajo: i hav an old zen which initially did not have restraints in the rear seats... but when i got seat covers fitted, they had a pocket for built-in headrests like in the previous generation zen... so i stuffed them with the same material as of the cover and they seem hard enough! it might work for you too!
Old 9th January 2007, 19:11   #18
BHPian

found a solution to my problem: my M800's headrest when pulled up has a square switch which needs to be turned and then the headrest needs to be pulled up - voila - done.
Old 9th January 2007, 19:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to find out whether the recommended seating position is with head leaned against these headrestraints. I rarely see anyone with their head leaning against these headstraints.

More details on wiki

When travelling in an automobile a properly adjusted headrest can reduce the severity of the injury.The top of the headrest should be in line with the top of the occupant's head. Maintaining an adequate separation from the vehicle in front while driving and pressing your back against the seat while facing forward if a collision appears imminent might also be advisable. This helps prevent the neck being forced backwards, and decreases the risk of whiplash

Whiplash (medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last edited by Surprise : 9th January 2007 at 19:47.
Old 9th January 2007, 20:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post

one thing to lookout for before buying those after mkt fitments is that the window in them should be having a tightened "net" in the open area and just not the plain hollow area. this will serve almost as good as the company fitted head (rest) restraints.
How does the "net" make any difference?
Old 10th January 2007, 16:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Wanted to find out whether the recommended seating position is with head leaned against these headrestraints. I rarely see anyone with their head leaning against these headstraints.
IMHO, not required to lean head against the restraint, it will be an uncomfortable driving position. The idea of the head restraint is to stop whiplash during a collision.
Old 15th January 2007, 12:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
IMHO, not required to lean head against the restraint, it will be an uncomfortable driving position. The idea of the head restraint is to stop whiplash during a collision.
The latest technology which is coming up (being developed by a lot of companies, one of them being GM's subsidiary SAAB) is active mechanically moving headrests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#00000b]The system is entirely mechanical and is based on the lever principle. An upper padded support is connected to a pressure plate in the backrest of the seat. In some rear collisions, the occupant’s body will be forced by the crash pulse into the backrest, which moves the pressure plate towards the rear. Subsequently, the head restraint is moved up and forward to “catch” the occupant’s head before the whiplash movement can start. The precise activation of the system is determined by the force with which the occupant’s back is forced against the backrest, the magnitude of the collision forces and by the occupant’s weight.[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
Link: Saab's Head Restraint

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks