Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 13:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Best Brands Of Fog Lights

Hi guys..

I own a Versa DX and intend putting in foglights.

There are two places to fit these--one is the round slots in the bumper and the other is rectangular slots in the air dam(this is an attachment just below the bumper).

1.Which brand would be the best to use?
2.Are there any Indian brands which have been custom made for the Versa?
3.Do foglights come with some standard wattage and is it absolutely necessary to have a relay installed?
Old 12th July 2006, 14:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Just one word comes to my mind as far as fog lamps are concerned...HELLA!
Old 12th July 2006, 14:35   #3
BHPian

I have been wanting to ask the same thing -- plus - how I can improve visibility when driving in the really heavy rains. Sometimes I have to step out in those rains at night and I can barely see anything on the road.

I was wondering:

1) Do you get Hella for the Wagon R which can be fitted in the stock location? If yes, how much do these cost? I have some ordinary brand (Rs 400/-) fitted at the moment, but they do seem pretty inadequate.

2) Will changing my headlights from the stock ones to Philips Vision Plus help me? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2006, 18:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
I have been wanting to ask the same thing -- plus - how I can improve visibility when driving in the really heavy rains. Sometimes I have to step out in those rains at night and I can barely see anything on the road.

I was wondering:

1) Do you get Hella for the Wagon R which can be fitted in the stock location? If yes, how much do these cost? I have some ordinary brand (Rs 400/-) fitted at the moment, but they do seem pretty inadequate.

2) Will changing my headlights from the stock ones to Philips Vision Plus help me? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Johy,

Rains are bad for driving and even the best electricians here refuse to set the lights if it is raining...I would recommend that you stick to your stock lights,go slow and use the best wipers...Wagon R has good round reflectors..are they the old model or the new clear lens?I cannot comment on Vision Plus.
Old 12th July 2006, 18:26   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
Hi Johy,

Rains are bad for driving and even the best electricians here refuse to set the lights if it is raining...I would recommend that you stick to your stock lights,go slow and use the best wipers...Wagon R has good round reflectors..are they the old model or the new clear lens?I cannot comment on Vision Plus.
...It is a new Wagon R (Clear lens). I know rains are bad and should really be avoided, but the kind of rains we have here - it is a mess and very often I find myself forced to move around when it is both dark and raining heavily. I guess I will check out the wipers... Bosch?

- Johy
Old 12th July 2006, 22:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
Hi guys..

I own a Versa DX and intend putting in foglights.
There are two places to fit these--one is the round slots in the bumper and the other is rectangular slots in the air dam(this is an attachment just below the bumper).
1.Which brand would be the best to use?
2.Are there any Indian brands which have been custom made for the Versa?
3.Do foglights come with some standard wattage and is it absolutely necessary to have a relay installed?
Monsoon Time you have to get Bosch Vipers .
with regards to the fog lamps part HELLA & nothing else....
I use philips halogen lights in my zen but the hellas are fantastic dont need headlights at all.
The hellas Rectangular model 450 costs 1700 bucks but worth every buck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks