Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 16:38   #1
BHPian

Manufacturer warranty after accident?

Hi,
I've an Hyundai i10 AT (2012 Sportz model) which is under warranty. This car was involved in a minor accident with damage to the front end. Couple of parts like bumper, radiator etc have been changed. There was no engine damage and no engine repairs were done at that time. Car has been running fine until recently and it has clocked 20,000 KM now.
Recently it has developed an issue which is almost identical to the problem Samurai has experienced which was posted in his thread here..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2327177

and here..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2327913

I have exactly the same two issues 1) Violent jerk when shifted to Reverse 2) Loss of power, the car doesn't even climb a speed breaker and small inclines.

Here is a short video of the shift shock of my car.

Last edited by live360 : 4th October 2014 at 16:41.
Old 4th October 2014, 16:42   #2
BHPian

re: Manufacturer warranty after accident?

The short answer is I don't know.
But if I had to guess, if it's serviced by the official service centres for any accident (minor or major) then I don't see why it wouldn't be under warranty.
In your case the accident doesn't seem related at all to the problems so I'd really have a problem with the service centre if they void warranty.
I remember going through my warranty booklet of my Honda car and I don't recall anything like this mentioned.
Are they refusing to honour your warranty?
Old 4th October 2014, 16:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

If the car was fixed from the A.S.S. then I know for sure that the warranty still be valid.

My polo had a similar accident and after 1 year my water pump started leaking. The car was just 1 month out of warranty but VW still fixed my car free of cost. I only paid for the coolant.
Old 4th October 2014, 16:52   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
Hi,
I've an Hyundai i10 AT (2012 Sportz model) which is under warranty. This car was involved in a minor accident with damage to the front end. Couple of parts like bumper, radiator etc have been changed. There was no engine damage and no engine repairs were done at that time. Car has been running fine until recently and it has clocked 20,000 KM now.

Recently it has developed an issue which is almost identical to the problem Samurai has experienced which was posted in his thread here..
I have exactly the same two issues 1) Violent jerk when shifted to Reverse 2) Loss of power, the car doesn't even climb a speed breaker and small inclines.

Here is a short video of the shift shock of my car.
If the repair for that accident were done in Hyundai A.S.S, then I see no issue of loosing on warranty terms. Jus that they will make the cost of repairs be paid by you.

A warranty that is offered, it is for defects arising on the car when EVERYTHING is stock and all maintenance is done as per manufacturers recommendation, if these are followed then the terms of warranty still are with you.

Now the problems that you are facing have started after the accident or were they there from before? Have you spoken to your SA at HASS?

Anurag.
Old 4th October 2014, 17:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Check the warranty terms and conditions in your owners manual or warranty booklet if that's separate. It will be mentioned in it.
Old 4th October 2014, 17:44   #6
BHPian

The warranty will be valid as long as the car was repaired at a Hyundai ASS. If done outside, then the warranty is void.
Old 4th October 2014, 23:15   #7
BHPian

Re: Manufacturer warranty after accident?

Hi All,
Thank you for your valuable posts. Yes, the vehicle was serviced at Lakshmi Hyundai post accident. Now the car is at Talwar Hyundai, Sanat Nagar.
How I should pursue this?

Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 23:35   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
Hi All,
Thank you for your valuable posts. Yes, the vehicle was serviced at Lakshmi Hyundai post accident. Now the car is at Talwar Hyundai, Sanat Nagar.
Looking at the problems your car is facing, I guess the clutch needs attention first after that the gearbox.

Anurag.
Old 4th October 2014, 23:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

If the car is still under warranty just tell the A.S.S. to fix it within warranty. The only scenario in which they would deny the warranty is if they can establish a link between the accident and this problem.

It looks like the accident took place some time ago. In this case I am not sure this problem has anything to do with the accident.

Please get the problem diagnosed first before deciding the next step.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:12   #10
BHPian

I second a4anurag here. There is no way they can deny warranty if its repaired at A.S.S. When an accident car is repaired at A.S.S, they are expected to restore the car completely to its original condition without any compromise to quality. That is the reason most of us do not appreciate their tendency of replacing over repairing. This is because they are not permitted to repair things (including seriously damaged metal body parts) since that could compromise on safety or quality. Having said this, logically there should not be any problem getting linked back to the accident after couple of months or days. Then it itself means the A.S.S had done a shoddy job!
Old 6th October 2014, 18:16   #11
BHPian

Yes, repairs done at authorized service centers should not affect the warranty at all. It is supposed to be in original factory condition now. The car should be fixed completely under warranty, I don't think that you would have to pay anything out of pocket. Even if the ASS have done a shoddy job, it is up to Hyundai to rectify it. If they don't work this out for you, then you definitely have a valid case against them. Good luck.
Old 6th October 2014, 18:21   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Company will honor the warranty. I remember clearly that how my friend's Maruti 800 DX's radiator fan relay was changed under warranty after it failed. The case is similar to yours as the car had met with a minor accident which needed some repair. All done at the MASS.

Trust that helps you get over the anxiety.
Old 6th October 2014, 22:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Company and Dealer should honor your warranty if all procedures have been carried out as per Company service and repair procedures.
Meeting with a minor accident should not affect your warranty even if the warranty failure is in the part that was actually impacted as part of the accident (and later repaired/replaced).
Old 31st October 2014, 17:08   #14
BHPian

Hi All,
I appreciate your posts. Still working with Service on this. Will post my experience once I'm through.

Thank you
Old 23rd November 2014, 15:46   #15
BHPian

I got the car and the bill is RS. 34,000
What surprised me was the part where there is charge for over 10K for 10 liters of AT oil.
Does i10 AT take 10 liters? I thought it's lot for such a puny 4 speed AT.

Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks