Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 12:19   #76
BHPian

Re: Air-con: Center vents throwing out warmer air than side vents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Bosch have listed two cabin filters. Oxy - fit and Oxy - Pure, which is a carbon cabin filters. Which one do you have and what are your comments on performance?
Bosch does not have carbon cabin filters in stock, I have an Oxy-Pure type. This filter is not of the stock size and does not fit correctly in the Pollen Filter module, the length is shorter by an inch, but still I went a head and fixed it as I could not bear the stock filter.

I am unsure, if the size of the filter could be the reason; In general, the Bosch Pollen Filter does not allow any odors, but at times, it allows smoke odors from trucks and the filter itself gives strange smell during compressor cut off (Unsure why, may be due to dry air?).

Puneet(pk_del) from team-bhp is also using the Bosch Oxy-Pure filter, his filter is of the same size as stock one. We could ask him for a review.

Last edited by 90Horses : 8th June 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Added user name.
Old 8th June 2015, 19:10   #77
BHPian

Guys, you know from where to buy the Non OEM Pollen Filter/Cabin Filter for Punto? In Bangalore, I am unable to procure the Pollen Filter from Bosch car care. Can you help me out to Procure a Pollen Filter for my Punto..

Last edited by 90Horses : 8th June 2015 at 19:16.
Old 9th June 2015, 19:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Guys, you know from where to buy the Non OEM Pollen Filter/Cabin Filter for Punto?
I had called Bosch yesterday, you had provided the number for Ashok. He said they are out of stock on the filters and to give him a buzz next week.
Old 6th July 2015, 12:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Bosch does not have carbon cabin filters in stock, I have an Oxy-Pure type. This filter is not of the stock size and does not fit correctly in the Pollen Filter module, the length is shorter by an inch, but still I went a head and fixed it as I could not bear the stock filter.
I went on shopping spree this weekend and found activated carbon filter is shaped like a pentagon. Is this right or a spurious chinese ripoff ?

It will not serve its purpose since it will let in dust and smoke over its shoulders.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:35   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I went on shopping spree this weekend and found activated carbon filter is shaped like a pentagon. Is this right or a spurious chinese ripoff ?

It will not serve its purpose since it will let in dust and smoke over its shoulders.
Bosch and other after market manufacturers like ZIP have Pollen Filter/AC filter for Dzire, I am certainly not sure if they would have active carbon filters in stock for DZire. Innova has an in stock active carbon filter from Bosch in Bosch car care.
Old 6th July 2015, 17:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
90Horses
That guy said, that the pentagon shaped stuff will fit my DZire. Since I have already tinkered with A/C of my car, I was able to call his bluff. Any idea where can I get it from a Bosch authorized auto spare parts shop in Hyderabad / Secunderabad ?
Old 6th July 2015, 22:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
That guy said, that the pentagon shaped stuff will fit my DZire. Since I have already tinkered with A/C of my car, I was able to call his bluff. Any idea where can I get it from a Bosch authorized auto spare parts shop in Hyderabad / Secunderabad ?
Yes, most likely all passenger Pollen Filter modules will be a square or rectangle, a misfit can potentially allow harmful gases and dust into the cabin, it can also permanently damage your vents. I do not know a place in hyd, if it is blr i could have helped you. For instance have a look at my Punto's pollen filter module.
Attached Thumbnails
Air-con: Center vents throwing out warmer air than side vents?-1436202560237.jpg  

Old 7th July 2015, 16:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
90Horses
Looks very similar in design with DZire. Any idea if you can find the evaporator coil from the fan end ? In DZire the coil is little higher than the lowest point in the plumbing. If its accessible in Punto, you are one lucky guy.
Old 28th May 2023, 11:53   #84
BHPian

Car AC Throwing Hot Air from Passengers Vents and Cold Air from Drivers Vent

I have a question for Tech gurus/Experts,

I own a 2018 AWD Model RAV-4 with approx 15000 miles on board. I have a peculiar problem which is getting difficult for the mechanics at Toyota to troubleshoot. This is Happeneing for the last 8 months.

At one dealer, they told me to remove the dashboard and install a new blend door actuator, without even checking with the OBD scanner. Estimated cost 1000$

Another dealer came directly to the conclusion of a Kaput evaporator core and needs to be replaced. Estimated Cost 3000$

Then eventually, I went to a local car mechanic, who plugged an OBD scanner and restored the factory settings (Thats what he said) and all the vents started to throw cold air and happily I came back home thinking that the long pending issue is finally resolved. Note - All this time the car was on "running engine" at the local mechanic while he was troubleshooting, till I came back home. Paid around 100$ for scannning.

Next day while I cranked the engine and started moving for work, I noticed the same problem again, Hot air from passenger's vent and cold from driver's vent.

Now my question is what could be the probable cause and how I could trouble shoot or get it rectified ? Mind you car is very less used/having low mileage.

Mods- Please join this with the related thread, as I'm not able to find the similar issue.

Thanks in advance.
NomadSK
Old 28th May 2023, 13:47   #85
BHPian

Re: Car AC Throwing Hot Air from Passengers Vents and Cold Air from Drivers Vent

Does your car have separate climate controls for driver and passenger side? Since the ac is able to make cold air on the driver side, I would think there should not be an issue with compressor, refrigerant, evaporator etc. Either the climate control system is not able to sense the temperature on passenger side correctly or there is a problem with the blend door actuation / blockage in the ducts. The problem could be electrical as well where the climate control ECU / power connections to the blend door actuator / temperature sensor has a problem. This needs further diagnosis IMHO.
MinivanDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 17:50   #86
BHPian

Re: Car AC Throwing Hot Air from Passengers Vents and Cold Air from Drivers Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Does your car have separate climate controls for driver and passenger side? Since the ac is able to make cold air on the driver side, I would think there should not be an issue with compressor, refrigerant, evaporator etc. Either the climate control system is not able to sense the temperature on passenger side correctly or there is a problem with the blend door actuation / blockage in the ducts. The problem could be electrical as well where the climate control ECU / power connections to the blend door actuator / temperature sensor has a problem. This needs further diagnosis IMHO.
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, the car has separate climate control on either side. I have same thoughts about compressor, refrigerant, evaporator. However, for climate control system, blend door actuation or blockage of duct won’t be the case, because when OBD scanner was plugged and settings were restored, the AC system sprang back in action.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks