Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 03:03   #1
BHPian

LPG Car: Starting Issues

Hello all!
Recently my dad's 2006 Accent GLE, which was converted to LPG a few years ago, started giving us trouble while starting. The LPG kit is programmed to start the car in petrol and switch over to LPG automatically. After the conversion, the car was rarely driven on petrol. Soon it started developing problems while starting but nonetheless it use to fire up after cranking for a few seconds, and once in LPG, the car would show no problems at all. But as of late the car refuses to start in Petrol and we have to manually start it in LPG every time. I think it might be a clogged fuel filter, but I'm worried the problem might be more serious, with the fuel pump or injectors. What are your thoughts on this?
Old 3rd July 2015, 07:23   #2
BHPian

re: LPG Car: Starting Issues

Your injectors are clogged. Get them cleaned. Also, do drive the car every now & then on petrol to keep your injectors clean & fuel in your tank fresh otherwise it will let you down when you need it the most.
1self is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Your injectors are clogged. Get them cleaned. Also, do drive the car every now & then on petrol to keep your injectors clean & fuel in your tank fresh otherwise it will let you down when you need it the most.
Spot on. Same issue bugged my car some 10 years back, when i had a Accent LPG, Injector cleaning fixed the issue.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:12   #4
BHPian

I guess I should go ahead and find a good mechanic to handle it.

Another problem I've noticed with the car is that it hesitates and coughs under hard acceleration. Is this down to the LPG kit being out of tune? By the way, it's not a sequential kit, it's a single point injection kit.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Spot on. Same issue bugged my car some 10 years back, when i had a Accent LPG, Injector cleaning fixed the issue.
My dad had faced the same issue with his Accent. Injector cleaning fixed it. You should also check if the Air Filter is clean.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks