Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 04:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest - power windows, power steering from one Esteem to another

Hi Guys,

I have a 98 model esteem lx carb, I have a friend who has a carb model esteem which is now completely totaled (he had a major colision from the passenger side) Now since he has written off that car he suggested me if i want i can take the power windows and power steering assembly from him. please tell me is it possiable that i can simply bolt these things to my car or do i need any serious mods. please suggest is it adviceble to do this as i love my car and it took me 7 years to buy this car but i was in a hurry so i brought a lx model. Please help
Old 31st August 2006, 15:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

i am pretty sure that you can transfer the power steering kit to your car. but the windows, i am not so sure, because if you have to change the door pads, which could be damaged due to the collision, then it might work out very expensive & not worth it, really. consult your mechanic & ascertain what would be the actual costs.

cheers
Old 1st September 2006, 01:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply. i know a mechanic who has converted a power window to a manual window in an esteem he has those door pads and motors only 2 sides and the pillar is badly damaged in my fren's car i can use the rest. i was only doubtful about the power steering wether it is a direct bolt on or not.

pramod
Old 1st September 2006, 06:53   #4
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Even for the power steering.... there are going to be many bolts...
might not be a very simple job.... but then the mechanic would know better..
Old 1st September 2006, 09:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Take it. The Power steering units will bolt on. Don't forget to remove all the brackets and clamps along with the pump from the engine block.
The power window units will also fit, but make sure you get all the clamps and brackets. What you should ideally do is get both cars in the same place and start the work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks