Team-BHP - Cough cough!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Cough cough! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16594-cough-cough-2.html)

hi
i think u can try cleaning the thortle Body for now I hope it will help u,like it helped me with my Vtec.

cheers
Eklavya

gave to dealer, might not be a fuel problem and a plug issue, anyway they will check and tell, should get by tomorrow noon

injector cleaning is also available at Metro ford, 300 bucks per injector... phew compared to 6k i had to shelve for a new injector in kerala dealer who didn have the equipment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu
Finally it has started, wasnt been using the iKON regualrly and today morning when i started the car started idling with tons of vibration. Ran the car for approx 7 kms to office and power and response all the same, still engine has considerably more vibration when idle, even after engine is warm. No smoking at pipe yet.

Symptom of:
Conked plug/Plug wire?
Injector clogged?
Or is it anything else?

Anybody who has done injector cleaning in Bangalore? Especially do the dealer handle this job.

Anyways have booked an appointment with Metro Ford for the weekend. :confused:

Hi,

Not an ikon but my 2 bits on Santro(99) that had the same issue couple of times over the last 6-7 years.
Initially I was jittery but both times it turned out to be dirty fuel and something had clogged up somewhere. Just get your car serviced or if not serviced, get the car checked and once the guys do the basic stuff all should be well.
In my case, it was dirt clogged up over spark plugs, filter dirty etc, even though it hadn't finished 6 months since last service. Guessing extreme pollution and bad fuel(those were the days of the 2 great flyovers on south bangalore perennially under construction and BG Road being the best:) road in bangalore for car suspension testing).

In the case of Hyundai they put this equipement of some kind (some probes etc) connected to your car and tell you immediately whats going on (Sorry for being illeterate on what this was and how they tell).

subbarp

NOTE FROM SUPPORT TEAM: Kindly avoid quoting full post

Similar issue with mon Dicor over the last couple of days - new warning indicator on dash + no response from electronic throttle. Call to dealer lets us know that its a fuel system warning lamp and could indicater water in fuel filter. 10 min job @ workshop where they removed the sensor at the bottom of the filter and drained the sludge consisting of water & kerosene (!!!)

yeah they have the diagnostic equipment which reads all sensor inputs and ither parameteres and then diagnoise the problem

work has started today morn and should get the car and report by late aftnoon i guess

the car had ran almost to empty 2 weeks back thanks to someone else using it and i have asked to check up the fuel lines and if required replace the filter instead of cleanin and fitting, i dont want this headache for 150 rs part

petrol well pray before and fill up :P

things just got complicated..

called up the dealer and they said all diagnostics show normal and have to check compression. then when i called back on whath happened, dealer says need to open head coz compression is low in 2 cylinders!! when quieried how much, the adviser was beating around bush reply like 150 cylinder 2 and 3 showing low and all.. phone went on hold, then came back normal is 150 and 2 cylinders are showing 50!! i said hold on dont go any further coz if thats low other symptoms will surely show up in a very different manner wrt power FE and all, so he says will call later.

hours went and no call so after avoiding one call saying another car delivery, finally catch him on phone, now he says actual report is 2 are showing 70 and other two showing 50 psi, so i said enough just hold the work and deliver the vehicle as it is and enquired what time tomorrow i should go, reply will let you know tomorrow.

so question is anything really wrong or is it that they are trying to pull a fast one for delaying and taking me for an un educated owner, or is their anything seriusly wrong...

when i thought things were getting technically boring i got something to work on myself :) watch the space ;)

The fuel that is currently in the car. When was it filled up. Sometimes draining out the old fuel and putting fresh fuel in helps. also clean the plugs. This is my modus operandi for my kart which is stored for long durations.

This is my symptom.

"We recently had a customer bring this vehicle to us with a "shaking at idle" concern. Our Tech 2 scanner was able to perform power balance and injector balance tests. The power balance test revealed that the No. 2 cylinder wasn't contributing (no rpm drop when killed). A spark test on that wire verified good fire, and a compression test showed 125 psi. As I worked through the possible scenarios with my students, several listed the injector as a suspect, so I asked them how we would go about testing it. The ohms test answer came up, so we tested No. 2 and compared it with the other five. They ranged from 11 to 13 ohms; all within specification.

Fuel injector tester.
It was now time to show my class an injector balance test. We hooked up the fuel pressure gauge and pressurized the pump. Next, we energized each cylinder's injector - one at a time - while always pressurizing the pump before the next test. Each injector dropped the pressure on the gauge around 5 psi, except when we tested the No. 2 injector; this one did not drop any pressure at all. This meant that no fuel was flowing from the pintle. To confirm our diagnosis, we pulled the fuel rail from the manifold, and performed the injector balance test once again. We watched each injector spray a nice, fine mist, but when No. 2 came up, there was no spray, not even a drop.

Next, I grabbed our hand-held injector balance tester that can be used on any port fuel injected system to energize the injectors. This unit will let you simulate idle, cruise and wide-open throttle, or manually control the injector by holding down the button. The other three modes have a calibrated time built in, such as 10 milliseconds for the idle selection. This unit, along with a fuel pressure gauge, will elicit the same results as the OBD-II/scan tool method."

thanks to google and ttp://www.asashop.org/autoinc/aug2004/techtotech.cfm

prefix h to link

STILL CHECKING ENGINE PARAMETERS!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!! next call aftnoon :P

ill go freaking mad with thsese characters, says one injector not responsing and needs to open engine!!

checked with another one and same problem and they say they need to open engine?? are they freaking mad!!

ok to check compression and stuff fine, but why to sort out injector issue.. told them am coming over now and he said he will explain then, anyways get the car out and fix it oneself grrrr..

guys in bangalore if aware of any workshops with engine diagnostics and equipement for injector and all please POST!!

It sounds like they actually have no clue....take it out of there and go to another service station?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman
It sounds like they actually have no clue....take it out of there and go to another service station?

I agree with Suman here it seems they have no clue what the problem is. It's better that you get a second opinion from another workshop instead of dealing with these morons.

just spent 1.5 hours on rickshaw up n down bangalore roads to dealer, this time the technical guy welkomes me, he says problem seems to have come down after they removed the petrol return canister tube and the injector 1 also is repsonding, so instructed to carry on and keep me informed.

meanwhile i had spoken to Psycho and he had opined on the throtle body cleaning and have asked them to do that also. the car was idling fine when he showed me.

the tech guy says he has not come across such a problem before lol.. he said he will check it out after cleaning canister and also when engine is cold, he showed the compression and one cylinder is less, well this is a concern and needs to be checked up later, since i had enough for one visit asked him to chuck it for now

so i come back to office and guy calls up and said canister after cleaning when fitted back the problem is happening, so needs replacing since its a sealed unit and apparently water inside, have given ok for Rs 1300 bucks part, part is on the way from next facility of theirs so delivery tomorrow morning.

so whats the moral of the story, ur guess is as good as mine and god save us.. all the motorcar users, unless someone decide to open a good garage for all.

taking it to next dealer whats the guarantee life will be better?? and that too in some god forsaken part of bangalore which am not aware off.

anyways pray while taking delivery, surely couple of thousands of work for their hours of DIAGNOZING and sorting

then an independent compression check to assertain if compression in one cylinder is really conked, ok they had done both dry and wet check and all cylinders showed better compression when wet and the culprit cylinder way below desirable ???

Psycho and others thanks, pray for me :)

hmm well good news problem was diagnosed, finally!!

and car is getting ready for a final road test and delivery by 630 ish today. so it was afterall a fuel issue, cannister also was only part of problem (not sure it was the problem in the first place) and a tube connecting it was also blocked and is replaced and tons of cleaning on what all sensors he he, mentioned ugt or igt, or is it egt for exhaust gas temp sensor, anyways will get the details later.

bad news even dealer with all the million dollar equipment is quite pathetic when it comes to technical challenges he he, went from spark plugs to injectors to opening engine to stupid canister, and obviously i will have a ball when they give the bill and is safe to assume that since we customers sign and authorise for all the cost for parkig repairing test drive and take all responsibilities also for the same.

so final summing up later today or early tomorrow.

dealers u cant live with them or without them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu
so it was afterall a fuel issue, cannister also was only part of problem (not sure it was the problem in the first place) and a tube connecting it was also blocked and is replaced !

If possible - get a pic of this hose ,Jaggu ! i would want to see which one it is.