Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2006, 14:21   #1

I have bought a new wagon R VXi BIII two months back. Nearly running 750 KMs, I got some unsual sound from the car. When I consulted with service station, they said it is due to manufacturing defect of Clutch plate and pressure disk and agreed to replace same. The same sound persisted even after the parts replaced twice. On third replacement though the sound issue was fixed, the clucth pedal started vibrating and the whole car vibrates as the load increase. Again i shown the car to service station, they said it is the issue with fly wheel , then they replaced it still the vibration existed. On further diagnosis they found it was a problem with crank shaft bearing and the whole engine need to be replaced.

I really got shocked on this recommendation and I wrote to Maruti but they did n't respond properly intially. After I visited their office, they also recommended the same thing. After having a lot of communication between Maruti and myself for replacment of car , I got a response from Maruti only the engine can be replaced under warranty.

Now the engine was replaced. I would like to know how effective this engine replacement. Will it have an consequences in long run. Please help me.
Old 2nd September 2006, 15:31   #2
BHPian

just make sure you run in your new engine correcty

see this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-new-car.html

... In my opinion replacing your engine will not have any consequences in the long run..
Old 2nd September 2006, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good thing you got the engine replaced under warranty, have been hearing of a lot of isues with the the flywheels and the clutch assembly on some of the Maruti stable, but I never thought that the imbalance could be so much so as to unsettle the crank...
Old 2nd September 2006, 15:42   #4
BHPian

our baleno altura also underwent clutch replacement at 11000kms and again recently at 54000kms... MGP spares are not upto the mark.. and SGP spares are way too expensive..

OT: I need to change the clutch plate and pressure plate on my Baleno soon, any idea about the cost and availability of Stage2 aftermarket clutches for a baleno??? if anyone has details on this, please PM me since I dont want to go completely Off topic on this thread..

thanks
Shrivz...
Old 2nd September 2006, 20:56   #5
BHPian

@ Sivan, You could have claimed Compensation from Maruti. Has the engine change involved a entire new unit, shipped and setup for you..or was it re-build one after replacing the faulty part.

Somehow I feel that OEM factory part can never be fully replaced by an OEM Spare, Just a Mental Block..! Maybe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks