Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 09:13   #1
BHPian

Where to buy junk / used car parts?

**Mods, I couldn't find a relevant thread for this. Kindly merge with another thread if this isn't the appropriate place.

I am looking for a good junkyard/scrap dealer shop where I can hunt for some used replacement parts. Preferably in/around Gurgaon, any recommendations for places where I can find such parts? Do conventional auto-spare shops also stock used parts?

As an example, the MID in the Manza has conked off and Tata quoted 13k for a replacement, while local garages couldn't manage to fix it.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 17th October 2015 at 09:17.
Old 17th October 2015, 09:36   #2
BHPian

re: Where to buy junk / used car parts?

Mayapuri Junk Market - This is a smallish area - entry is from near the Honda Showroom on the Mayapuri main road. Good for engine/gearbox parts, bearings and the like.

Kashmere Gate Car parts Market - Walk from Kashmere Gate metro towards Hamilton road. This is a car parts market. No scrap stuff, but a huge variety of both genuine and unbranded parts of all kinds. Ask around for a shop which specializes in your specific need.

And the ultimate car scrap market haven - Sotiganj in Meerut
http://articles.economictimes.indiat...arts-shops-car
adisag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Car scrap yards in Hyderabad for spare parts

Hi guys, I need some spare parts for my cars and I'm looking for a scrap yard in Hyderabad. I know about Afzal Gunj but that place has dismantled parts and only for common cars like Indica, Santro, etc.

I'm looking for a place that has the entire car that's going to be scrapped before being dismantled. There are such scrap yards in other states but I haven't found one in Hyderabad. There must be some dealers around that buy cars from insurance companies in order to dismantle them.

I wanted to post this in the Team-BHP Directory section but the rules state that threads should not be started there for asking questions.
Old 30th June 2021, 01:08   #4
BHPian

Re: Where to buy junk / used car parts?

Hi Guys,
I replaced the clutch and suspension parts of my swift and want to know the best place to get some money for the old parts.

I have the following parts:

1. Clutch and fly wheel
2. Front Struts
3. Back Suspension
4. Brake Caliper
5. Wiper blades

A scrap dealer is ready to buy all at Rs 25/kg (which is the price of iron). I want to know if there is any better value I can get of these parts? Are all above parts completely made of iron or do they have elements of steel and aluminium also in them?

the total weight of all items is 34kgs so going by Rs 25/kg I am getting around Rs 900 for them but I feel they are little more worthy then that - they are all 8 years old and my car had run 55k kilometres. Any inputs are greatly appreciated
Old 30th June 2021, 09:19   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I have the following parts:

1. Clutch and fly wheel
2. Front Struts
3. Back Suspension
4. Brake Caliper
5. Wiper blades
Did you replace the above listed parts under preventive maintenance or was there any issue?

I don't think apart from the brake caliper and flywheel none of the other parts can get you a good price since it all depends on the condition of the parts.

Flywheel generally doesn't wear out that fast so should get you some decent price. Similar is with the Brake caliper set.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you replace the above listed parts under preventive maintenance or was there any issue?

I don't think apart from the brake caliper and flywheel none of the other parts can get you a good price since it all depends on the condition of the parts.

Flywheel generally doesn't wear out that fast so should get you some decent price. Similar is with the Brake caliper set.
Thank you for your response

It was for preventive maintenance. I showed the car to 2 service centers and both told me that clutch is 80% gone and can break down anytime. The car use to judder a little at slow speed (nothing major) and clutch pedal had become hard.
As for suspension, the rear suspension was completely gone and the front suspension was leaking slightly. I used to feel every bump on the road but there was no noise coming from any component but I decided to change it as I want to keep the car for couple more years.

I want to know the clucth and suspension are they made just of iron or do they have steel/aluminum components in them too? Because for scrap rates ,iron is at rs 25/kg and aluminium is at rs 100/kg

Also, it’s been two days I have changed these components but I still kind of feel every bump on the road and the ride is not improved. Does it take time for the suspension to settle down and do its work? Also the clutch pedal feels very light but still the pickup is not very linear or smooth, the car does shake a little

Please suggest what should I do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks