Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 10:06   #1
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I own a SWIFT-VXI which has clocked 6000 kms.in about 10 months.Since yesterday morning I am facing problem with my steering wheel.It has suddenly become lifeless.Previously the car use to move with a slight movement of steering wheel but now i have to turn it more to drive it in traffic.Also,when it passes through a pothole or on a stone (thanks to road conditions in Pune),the steering turns automatically in my hand,but the vehicle goes straight.It has become very loose.

I showed it to service advisor at workshop yesterday evening,but he was not convinced of the problem and declared everything fine after taking a test drive.But I insisted to drive another SWIFT.Fortunately they had one and when I drove that car...there was tremendous difference in the steering wheel.Then I put my foot firm and asked him to take my car in his custody and get it thoroughly checked next day.

I am waiting for his feedback today.I don't know what to do if still says that there is no problem with my car as I can feel the definte difference in steering wheel what is was before two days.

Please help me friends.I am waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Rajendra
Old 12th September 2006, 10:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is what maruti service these days, they are giving very careless service and looisng the name very soon, I had problems with my swift they never agreed and started telling it depends on driving style etc.. After waiting for 2 months I issued notice to them, and I posted my experience with them in all leading websites. Then they suddenly fixed all problems within a week offered free car wash with polish etc etc..

Ravi.
Old 12th September 2006, 10:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but what IS the problem with the Swift steering? I also have felt it has developed a slight play, but nothing as serious as raja stated.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:24   #4
BHPian

Hey Raja

Which dealer was this ? Have been going to Millenium Mobility since the last year with my swift and have always found them quite pro active in fixing issues with my car ..
Old 12th September 2006, 12:59   #5
BHPian

My Swift's mileage suddenly dropped after the last service (15000 kms). I used to get close to 12 kmpl and now I am barely managing 10 kmpl. What could have happened in a service for this change? Since I maintain a detailed log of my mileage, I am able to see the dip in fuel efficiency over two refills.
Old 12th September 2006, 13:37   #6
BHPian

Hello,

I had gone to Wonder Cars,Chinchwad because I have purchased car from them.Is it that Millenium people offer best service?So that I can visit them for getting my vehicle checked.Please let me know if you have any reliable contact reference there.
Thanks.
Old 12th September 2006, 13:48   #7
rks
BANNED

@raja748, looks like a case of excessive play in the steering wheel. You can consult your manual on how to check for excessive play. You can specifically ask your Maruti service centre to check if the play is OK. If not, I am sure the play can be easily adjusted.

@sharathjeppu, maybe the engine was tuned at the service. Do you feel your pick-up has increased? I would suggest you wait for a while and check some more before getting the car re-tuned for mileage. Mileage can vary due to a variety of reasons, including quality of fuel, driving style, and especially tyre pressures-- did you check these after the service? You need an accurate pressure gauge to set the right tyre pressures -- quite possible that you were driving around with excess pressures, and the service station reduced these; or else the service station may have set low pressures. Also keep in mind that too much mileage means that the engine is getting strained and this is not desirable in the long term.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks