Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 22:35   #1

'Distance to empty' counter stuck - Toyota Corolla

Hello everyone. This is my first post on team bhp . I am from Delhi and am a business analyst by profession. The babies I have are a 2007 Swift VDI a 2010 Toyota Corolla Altis G petrol and a 1990 Royal Enfield STD 350. I recently purchased the Corolla and am not very well versed with the vehicle so please excuse my ignorance. A couple of days back I refilled my tank with 1000 INR and moments later the multi info display beeped and the message read check engine system. Being a novice I panicked and ended up going straight to my mechanic M/S Perfect automobiles in Saket. I was told that it's a minor fault and the car's sensor will need to be scanned and after scanning and resetting everything was back to normal. The visible range was about 80 kms at that moment.

However I just added another 10 liters of fuel and ideally the kms to empty should have changed. But it kept showing 69 odd kms. There was no change in the display. I could not find anything substantial on any of the threads. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Should I get the car scanned again or if there is any other fix .
Regards
Aparajit
Old 10th November 2015, 01:38   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparajit10 View Post
. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Should I get the car scanned again or if there is any other fix
Can you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and reconnect. Recheck to see if the range etc are being displayed correctly or no?
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:58   #3

re: 'Distance to empty' counter stuck - Toyota Corolla

Thanks a ton.worked perfectly . Thanks a million times

Most Viewed