Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 07:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 AMT loses engine power @ 100 kmph, AMT doesn't downshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Can the fuel delivery selectively impact AMT behavior? Maybe the experts here can throw more light.
Yes. FDM failure can issue "Limp Home" conditions; which would cause AMT to stuck in a gear(4th or 5th). AMT will slip the clutch but not allow engine to stall. AT Scorpio's technical manual for gearbox describes this condition, thus I think AMT (any AT) will need to implement Limp Home mode.
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:08   #17
BHPian

I took the car to Matheran this weekend. And car performed really well with 6 passengers and luggage. The AMT performed as expected in the ghats never had any problems.
- TUV has loads of torque and climbing the Matheran ghat was piece of cake.
- I found that it is better to use the car in manual mode as you can anticipate in advance how steep the climb is
- I drove on expressway and also old Mumbai-Pune highway. On expressway i.e. cement road the ride is bit harsh, it vibrates a lot and is like getting a head massage.
- But on tar road no such problem was seen.

Mods: I think we can close this thread.
silverknight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I took the car to Matheran this weekend. And car performed really well with 6 passengers and luggage. The AMT performed as expected in the ghats never had any problems.
Simply wonderful. So the ghost is off your head (and many others who were considering the TUV AMT as their next car).

Quote:
TUV has loads of torque and climbing the Matheran ghat was piece of cake.
I always knew the TUV would be a "mountain goat", she would just keep climbing any ghats you throw at her.

Quote:
I found that it is better to use the car in manual mode as you can anticipate in advance how steep the climb is
, the manual mode gives far more control and must be used in the ghats, which I am happy you did.

Quote:
I drove on expressway and also old Mumbai-Pune highway. On expressway i.e. cement road the ride is bit harsh, it vibrates a lot and is like getting a head massage.
- But on tar road no such problem was seen.
This is a bit puzzling. I will keep this in mind and share my observations, whenever I hit the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. In my daily drive I cross many concrete sections of the road, but have never observed any vibrations or harsh ride. Rather I used a get a lot of road noise in my Innova, but the TUV is super silent (even if it is a 3 potter). However I will keep my final comment reserved until I make a trip on the expressway.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This is a bit puzzling. I will keep this in mind and share my observations, whenever I hit the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. In my daily drive I cross many concrete sections of the road, but have never observed any vibrations or harsh ride. Rather I used a get a lot of road noise in my Innova, but the TUV is super silent (even if it is a 3 potter). However I will keep my final comment reserved until I make a trip on the expressway.
It is the only problem I have with my car. I think this problem is specific to my car, once you have some run-in we can catch up and try out both our cars on expressway.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is the only problem I have with my car. I think this problem is specific to my car, once you have some run-in we can catch up and try out both our cars on expressway.
Yes, even I am beginning to think so that the problem might be specific to your car. I thought you changing the shoes to Michelin's would have taken care of all road noise/vibration/harshness issues. Taking test drives/trials of each others car would definitely help reveal a lot of things. Lets plan to catch up over this week end.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 22:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I took the car to Matheran this weekend. And car performed really well with 6 passengers and luggage. The AMT performed as expected in the ghats never had any problems..
Thanks for sharing the info silverknight! It is nice to hear that the problem is resolved. How would you rate the holding power of the handbrake (in a fully loaded car)? Did you face any problems when starting from an incline? (By any chance did you face any scenario where the car has to back up an incline from stand still?)

Mods: I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this question. Request you to move/delete if required. Thanks.

Last edited by GhostRider28 : 24th November 2015 at 22:53. Reason: Mod note
Old 25th November 2015, 10:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I visited the service center had a word with service manager. I probed them more about "which part in Fuel Delivery Module" had failed but did not get a straight answer.
The customercare manager and service manager assured me that they have extensively taken trials to ensure optimum performance. In two days the car was run 150kms to ensure and I could confirm that from odo. They did not observe any problems with AMT and probably due to low fuel pressure car started engine braking and not because AMT could not downshift.
I had a similar problem with my Scorpio (manual transmission) and Innova (manual transmission) only, once each. In both cases, the car would start fine but the moment I started driving in first-gear, the engine would lose power. The problem was diagnosed to faulty fuel delivery due to a filter problem. In your case, how it affects the AMT is still not clear .

Anyways, looks like the problem is fixed. I am also looking to take a TD of the TUV 300 sometime soon and will check on some of the issues already reported.

Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks