Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2006, 11:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

How Do They Adjust Milage In New Engines?

Hai TBHpians,

I have a fusion which gives about 9/10 in city and 14/15 in highway with A/C on all times. I feel this can be tweaked to increase milage marginally, the workshop said to bring it over and they'd tweak it up. I have a few fears:

1. If they tweak it up, can it damage the engine?

2. How do they decide which is the optimum; the point of trade off between milage and power?

3. And how do they tweak it. With the ECU?

4. Is it possible to do the tweaking outside of Ford workshop; are there experts doing this job?

5. And if it is done outside can Ford find out; there are engine warranty issues if anythig is done outside of Ford authorized workshops.

Thanks in advance for all info.

--Ramky

-----
Old 21st September 2006, 13:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

the gas mileage you have mentioned is absolute normal, i think you should leave it at that and dont go for any "tweaking"

ecu's can be reset and all parameters can be checked if normal or not, by a dealer for which they will charge you and in your case will be an absolute waste of an exercise

unless there is an upgrade from the factory which ford is doing and hence they have offered the advice
Old 21st September 2006, 20:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
Hai TBHpians,

I have a fusion which gives about 9/10 in city and 14/15 in highway with A/C on all times. I feel this can be tweaked to increase milage marginally, the workshop said to bring it over and they'd tweak it up. I have a few fears:

1. If they tweak it up, can it damage the engine?

2. How do they decide which is the optimum; the point of trade off between milage and power?

3. And how do they tweak it. With the ECU?

4. Is it possible to do the tweaking outside of Ford workshop; are there experts doing this job?

5. And if it is done outside can Ford find out; there are engine warranty issues if anythig is done outside of Ford authorized workshops.

Thanks in advance for all info.

--Ramky

-----

Pls don't do any such things with out side workshops other than
Ford Authorized workshops.One of my friend had a Fiesta and he did this kind of Mileage tunning with some outside mechanic.Ford refused to honour the warrenty when he had problems with the Clutch.He almost fought for 2 months and some how got it.
my 2 cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks