Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2006, 22:29   #1
BHPian

Query on Headers

Hi guys
I recently got my header job done from viper performance but i cant find any difference in the performance it is the same as earlier. Now i have been told that the worn out clutch is the issue and the carburetter needs to be overhauled to get any kind of difference So i need your opinion that do these two things matter in the header job and how much do they matter
P.s No offence meant
Old 11th October 2006, 22:40   #2
BANNED

Boss,
You need to explain the whole real situation to all and then ask for a explanation. Also as quoted by you to Allan and Jitu "mid range and top end power is there but initial there is not much diff". A dirty carb and worn out clutch and you expect what God alone knows....edited...
Viper

Last edited by navin : 10th November 2006 at 13:23.
Old 11th October 2006, 22:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Boss,
You need to explain the whole real situation to all and then ask for a explanation. Also as quoted by you to Allan and Jitu "mid range and top end power is there but initial there is not much diff". A dirty carb and worn out clutch and you expect what God alone knows. I throw a open challenge to anyone who drives his car and says the free flow is not performing.

Viper
boss this is quoted by allan and he has never told top end he has told he just feels that there is a little bit power in midrange. That is what i want to ask these guys that is the clutch and clean carb the only factors of a header job....edited...

Last edited by navin : 10th November 2006 at 13:24.
Old 11th October 2006, 23:00   #4
BANNED

Hey,

You need to rephrase your question and specify your problem then.

Viper
Old 11th October 2006, 23:03   #5
BHPian

At your age, should you be driving?

Kooldude,

At your age you should not be driving.

You will be eligible to get a learners license only after 10 days so why all this hurry?

Superavi
Old 9th November 2006, 18:35   #6
BANNED

Kooldude's Complaint False

Hi Guys,

After a break of almost 60 days since I had my accident I have resumed driving. I called Kooldude as promised to bring his car(M.Esteem Carburetted) so that I could take a test drive of his car and see for myself the problem that was made such a big deal of on Tbhp.

For the record I had never seen/driven his car prior to taking up his job which consisted of the following :

1> Complete overhaul of front suspension.
2> Change of Front Brake Discs (I insisted to be changed)
3> Fitting a Free Flow Exhaust(He had already contacted my guy and negotiated the rates himself)
4> Service with all oils, filters & plugs to be changed(I insisted)
5> Carburettor Overhaul ( I insisted but was not done as he had money issues).
6. Tune Up(not done only air/fuel mixture setting done as carb needed overhauling)

Once the car was completed by my boys I went along with him for a trial. he had no complaints about the suspension but said initial pickup was "less". I asked him to pullover to the side and wait for the light to turn red and then take off. He could not even generate a wheelspin which is when I told him his clutch has gone.....edited...

He has apparently got his Clutch & Carb overhauled and still complained of no difference in the car. He had gone to Ford Rocam few days prior to coming to me who on taking a trial did not find anything wrong with the pickup. When I drove the car it responded almost immediately(cannot comment at what RPM as guage was not working). i took it thru the gears and found the repsonse to be good and did not understand the basis of his complaint. I yet found the carb needed to be inspected as he claims some jets had been changed (reduced or increased he does not know).

His issue was with the Free flow when that is not to be blamed at all. ...edited.... He wanted his freeflow removed because it was not performing when it his car that has a problem.

Please note the purpose of this post is to clear my position which I was not doing all this while as I was not in a position to drive due to my injury.

Viper

Last edited by navin : 10th November 2006 at 13:25.
Old 9th November 2006, 18:49   #7
BANNED

What car is it? And what type of headers?
Old 9th November 2006, 18:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Car is Esteem Speedzak and headers were done for midrange and low end.
Old 10th November 2006, 10:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Kooldude,
Since it cant harm the performance why not have the clutch and carb looked at by a reliable mechanic.

Viper,
"The car was in a pathetic state and engine and suspension were in such a bad condition taht even our cabs are better maintained."
Words like the ones state above (taken from your post #6) could be better phrased. Some of Mumbai's taxis are in very poor shape (no brake lights, rusting doors etc..) and I dont see many privately owned cars that are really that bad.

Viper and Kooldude,
You have both said your piece. I suggest completing this discussion in private.

I have edited a few posts to make them less personal while trying to retain the quality of the discussion. Hope it helps.

Thread closed.

Last edited by navin : 10th November 2006 at 13:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks