Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 21:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiesta engine jerks and rpm varies while idling

So finally got the car looked into by the folks at Metro Ford in St.Marks Rd, Bangalore. Had left the car with them on 11th (last Thursday) and got it today morning.

Their diagnosis and explanation for the issue started with faulty spark plugs, ignition coil, a burnt negative terminal from the battery and finally to wrong timing setting after the recent timing belt change (garage in Bangalore). They have changed the plugs again (told me the plugs put in by the Chennai garage guys were Ecosport ones and not for Fiesta ) and adjusted the timing. The issue is sorted out 75% and is comparable to how it was pre-timing belt work.

The follow-up conversations this whole week with the SA/Service Manager and CRM was very good and they kept me updated on all the diagnosis and work they were doing on the car. Even though this service center sees a lot of volume of cars for general service (have been servicing for the last 2 times here) they took time out to troubleshoot the car for a week. The final bill for their work was Rs.1875 (for the plugs + labor for setting the timing right + tax) which I feel is pretty reasonable.

On hindsight I feel it would have been better changing the timing belt in the A** rather depending on a local garage. I had been looking up the timing belt thread here in the forum and vnabhi (with the same car) had changed his in the A** and I should have followed the same.

So, I am going to let sleeping dogs lie for now and just enjoy the sweet 1.6 engine

Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs and suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks