Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2006, 12:55   #1

I wuz standing in the market yesterday and there were ppl bursting crackers all around me.Everytime a high decibel bomb xploded,a car alarm went off?Why does this happen?i mean arent these alarms supposed to be sensitive to touch and pressure?
Old 21st October 2006, 13:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are car alarms equipped with impact sensors. So ground and glass vibrations set them off.
Old 22nd October 2006, 07:43   #3
BHPian

This has happened in my residential area too. When we were bursting crackers on the roof top, one of our neighbours, car alarm has been triggered, and everybody were surprised on that.
Old 22nd October 2006, 13:09   #4
BMW
BHPian

Hi...!

My first post here

Similar thing happend to my Honda City which was parked in the basement of our building. Everytime a powerful cracker use to explode, the car use to yell.. But the amazing thing to note was that out of 60-70 cars which were parked in the basement, ONLY mine was "yelling"

It seems my baby is not too fond of crackers

Cheers!

BMW
Old 22nd October 2006, 19:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Let your baby grow up and shed her milk teeth, then she will start enjoying the crackers. My esteem used to behave like that. But my Safari and Scorpio are ok with it. Their alarm doesn't go off. And yesterday although bursting crackers inside my condominium is not allowed, a 'gola bomb' was set off accidentally near my Scorpio. While the rest of the details are irrelevant here, the alarm of Scorpio didn't go off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW
Hi...!

My first post here

Similar thing happend to my Honda City which was parked in the basement of our building. Everytime a powerful cracker use to explode, the car use to yell.. But the amazing thing to note was that out of 60-70 cars which were parked in the basement, ONLY mine was "yelling"

It seems my baby is not too fond of crackers

Cheers!

BMW
Old 22nd October 2006, 20:41   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
While the rest of the details are irrelevant here, the alarm of Scorpio didn't go off.

Hi,

Does your car have a impact or shock or ultasonic sensor. If not then it explains why it did not go off. On the other hand if you do have either of the above you may want to test if they are functioning.

As to the others most of the branded alarm systems will have adjustable sensors. You may want to reduce the sensitivity for a few days but do remember to turn it back to its original setting to solve the problem.

Viper
Old 23rd October 2006, 01:28   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Jug,

Systems that come with touch sensors exhibit this behavior - based on the sensitivity level set. If set to 1 - the lowest, the touch sensor is practically off; 5 - the most sensitive setting, the system reacts even to external sound waves like exploding crackers.
Old 23rd October 2006, 08:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Viper: actually you have hit the nail on the head. While the Safari does have an impact sensor and working too, I dunno if the same is true with the Scorpio. Will have to check. Shall come back with details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

Does your car have a impact or shock or ultasonic sensor. If not then it explains why it did not go off. On the other hand if you do have either of the above you may want to test if they are functioning.

As to the others most of the branded alarm systems will have adjustable sensors. You may want to reduce the sensitivity for a few days but do remember to turn it back to its original setting to solve the problem.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks