Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2006, 11:51   #16
elf
BANNED

How to maim yourself in 3 easy steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv
... As i have started driving just 6 months back, think it would not be that diffcult to change my driving style ...
Dude, you've got to be kidding! You've been driving for six months & you're already checking out top speeds & coasting at 100km/h in a Maruti Van without any clue on how to control your vehicle? That's not very smart.

Driving isn't about finding the whoopee pedal & flooring it to see what happens whilst sawing away at a big round wheel! Have you learnt defensive braking & manoeuvring, object avoidance, vehicle dynamics, gear control, the difference between oversteer & understeer, &/or any form of advanced driving techniques?

And please don't say you went to driving school. All the Indian driving schools ever teach you is how to change gears, brake like a fool & press the clutch over speed breakers & potholes!

For your sake, first go learn about your vehicle & also how to drive, or you'll become an uneducated taxi driver - a serious hazard to yourself & others.
Old 27th October 2006, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey i think we need to chill man...dont you guys think this braking thing is being blown out of proportion.

The dude said, he will take the advice given out. So lets leave at that shall we.

Drifter
Old 27th October 2006, 12:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

@elf. i think that was totally uncalled for. you will only scare away people by saying all that. BTW, how did you learn all that?
the guy has been a sport & agreed to take the advice seriously. so lets leave it at that, i would say.

@raajiv... good for you mate. Like advised by viper, take time out to write to maruti demanding a full refund.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 27th October 2006 at 12:15.
Old 27th October 2006, 12:32   #19
BANNED

@Esteem... I don't see anything wrong in Elf's post..
Dont you think it would be better to... as you put it. SCARE AWAY PEOPLE.. and have them alive than to pander to their Idiosyncrasies and have them have a bad smash or something..
Putting ANY car in neutral and braking is just begging for trouble on bended knees.
Cheers.
Old 27th October 2006, 12:39   #20
elf
BANNED

Thanks 2L8: At least somebody sees what I'm trying to do...
I'm only scaring him away from hurting himself & others with his dangerous driving. I didn't mention anything about his car problem whatsoever, which, I believe, is on it's way to being solved.

There are too many people out there with no control on their vehicles - even one less might save a life...
Old 27th October 2006, 13:41   #21
BANNED

Guys,

There was nothing wrong in Elf's post though he could have been little subtle. All said and done one should first know basic of a car before doing foolish things like driving at 100kmph and that too in an Omni.

Viper
Old 27th October 2006, 13:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Elf here, it's evident that Rajeev is not very experienced in driving and that maybe he needs to be aware of more issues when driving cars than he knows. A little help or an article from one of us on safe driving and safe practices while driving would go a long way in explaining to new drivers like Rajeev. Let's accept it Elf's post might be harsh but it's in the interest of Rajeev only to read & learn from it, it's for his safety that Elf is reprimanding him.

Also just one thought guys the Omni is RWD so let's say Rajeev is cruising at a 100km/h and puts it into neutral and the engine shuts off. So in case of at that speed he puts the car into gear and starts it by dumping the clutch wouldn't there be a chance of the rear wheels locking? It could especially under slippery conditions lead to disastrous consequences also taking account the high CofG of the Omni. Think about that and the consequences that can have on Rajeev's safety.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks