Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 13:14   #1
bhp
BHPian

K&n

i have a universal conical K&N lying with me which was fitted in my ford ikon 1.6...i had removed the filter when i sold the car and now i want to get it fitted in my baleno..is it possible ?? also wanted to know how much does an K&N piping cost ??? does fitting the pipe and universal conical filter void the warranty ??
Old 10th November 2006, 11:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

i think its possible... if its a universal filter. engine specs are similar on the ikon and the baleno, so i don't think its a problem.
i don't think K&N sell just the intake pipe... they sell the whole kit (filter+pipe). you can easily get the pipe fabricated for your car... there are bhp-ians in your city who can guide you on this (viper is one of them).
abt the warranty... thats a tricky one. i guess it depends on the workshop you take your car to, and how well you know the mechanics. going by the book, the warranty is void if any modifications are made to the engine (removing your air filter box & fitting a conical filter would qualify). but... not everything happens by the book

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks