Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 11:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
I am a bit confused with the terminology in the email. I currently have 3 years warranty and bought my endeavour on 16th Aug. So if I decide to opt for extending the warranty, each year has to be bought separately before the 3rd year expires?
yes some clarity on this would be good, I also have 3 year warranty (2 years factory provided and 1 year extended). so If I wanted to go for 6 year coverage what would be the cost?
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:30   #17
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thats good news right at time when I am contemplating buying a 2.2 AT Titanium version. Will definitely go for complete 6 year package as I know Ford can be expensive when things dont work out for you (I had an old generation Fiesta).

Only thing is whatever money I save buying Endeavour from the canteen, would end up going into warranty and resulting in almost the same price as market .
I’m also looking at buying 2.2 Titanium (4x2) from Canteen. May I request You which dealer/canteen you’ve short listed?

My 2nd question is that I’m also very much attracted by a dual tone Pajero Sport, yellow and white. Difference between Pajero Sport and Endeavour would be approx 2.5 lakhs. Heart says take Pajero Sport, however mind says Ford Endeavour, as it’s a newer model, with all gadgets and gizmos, whereas Pajero Sport interiors are plane jane old school.

I’d request fellow Bhpians to guide me out of this quagmire.
I hope I’m not
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:02   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
May I request You which dealer/canteen you’ve short listed?
Pahwa Ford has had some very good reviews in the recent past and a close friend recently purchased it from there and knows the staff there very well.

Quote:
Difference between Pajero Sport and Endeavour would be approx 2.5 lakhs.
I dont think you are comparing the right models here.

The price difference of 2.5 lac is between the PS 2WD AT Dual Tone Black Top and the Endy 3.2 Titanium where the Endy is expensive by around 300k INR.

However, the price difference between the PS 2WD AT DT BT and the Endy 2.2 Titanium is a meagre 14k INR.
https://mitsubishi-motors.co.in/pricing/

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ende...edtrgtexp=true

Quote:
Heart says take Pajero Sport, however mind says Ford Endeavour, as it’s a newer model, with all gadgets and gizmos, whereas Pajero Sport interiors are plane jane old school.

I’d request fellow Bhpians to guide me out of this quagmire.
I hope I’m not
Welcome to this exciting phase of shopping.

Between the two, today, I'd pick the Endy over the PS for a few basic reasons:

1. The PS excels in its off road credentials and they aren't really valid for a 2WD variant.

2. The Endy is clearly the more modern vehicle here with better features, fit and finish and technology.

3. While the PS has an edge when it comes to ride quality, better tires and proper tire pressures on the Endy come very close to matching it.

4. Ford has a bigger after sales network AND offers a longer warranty which translates to a comparatively peaceful ownership experience AND a better resale.

I have deliberately not compared looks and the additional gear in the Endy and a few other minor differences since they kinda negate each other (paddle shifters Vs 6 gears etc).

Let me know if you need any more pointers.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 20:27   #19
BANNED

Has anybody bought extended warranty for endeavour? I got a warranty quote for 3 & 4 years from a company 'india assistance mapfre' who claim to be assosiated with ford india for RSA and warranty services. Does anybody has any info on this company and should i go ahead and pay them.
Old 30th November 2018, 13:39   #20
BHPian

Hello folks,

I intended to buy a brand new Ford Endeavour in its soon to be launching updated version of 2 Litre Bi-turbo or the 3.2 avatar, in a couple of years.

However, after due consideration, inspired by the likes of GTO and the very informative articles on our dear forum about benefits of a lateral upgrade (buying a pre-owned vehicle), I am now considering not waiting a couple of years and instead buying a 3-year-old Ford Endeavour 3.2, right away.

Hence the following query:

If I buy a pre-owned Ford Endeavour from an owner who had not bought the extended warranty and the extended scheduled service plan, can I as the second owner of the vehicle buy the extended warranty and the extended scheduled service plan or will Ford not sell it to the second owner?

Thanks for your advice.
Old 30th November 2018, 15:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
If I buy a pre-owned Ford Endeavour from an owner who had not bought the extended warranty and the extended scheduled service plan, can I as the second owner of the vehicle buy the extended warranty and the extended scheduled service plan or will Ford not sell it to the second owner?
Ford won't be bothered so much about you being the first or second owner as much as the gap in warranty. In fact that works more or less the same with all manufacturers. You can buy and extend your warranty as long as you have not run out of your earlier warranty. Some manufacturers do not let you extend the warranty from 6 months before your previous one expires.

So in this case, if the car is 3 years old and it's standard warranty expired in 2 years and no extension was taken by the previous owner then you will not be able to extend it now.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks