Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kottayamkaran (Post 4905003)
I have decided to take the leap and remap my 2016 elite i20 petrol. I have narrowed down on Wolfmoto as they have done remaps on numerous NA petrol engine.

I finally got my car remapped from Engineering Exponent, Bangalore. They are the official dealer for Wolfmoto in Bangalore. Post the remap, it feels like my car is breathing better. Earlier in the first and second gears there used to be an annoying lag which has come down drastically. The car is very eager to pull in the low gears and I enjoy the tire screech from redlight now lol:. Have a long trip coming up and will update further about my experience post that.

Petes vs code 6 vs wolf moto, which is the best for Polo GT TSI? Only stage 1 possible as Kerala MVD is going crazy behind any mods. So exhaust sound cannot be touched.
Gains may be minimal for GT TSI, but still want the best available and all these 3 are available in kochi.
Will opt for TCU tuning also.
Kindly suggest the best of the lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_power (Post 4936495)
Petes vs code 6 vs wolf moto, which is the best for Polo GT TSI?

Pete's V3 ECU map and TVS DSG map would be the best combo. You can try Wolf too , they have developed muti-map switch for 1.0 tsi (first in world) and I read they are trying to crack it for 1.2 TSI too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobsamu (Post 4824072)
Hi Everyone,

So this is about my Safari Storme ex 2013. Its hitting seven years of ownership and frankly I am not able to find a replacement. Just don't see anything that could take its place in my garage so probably will keep it for another few years and then see what to do about it.

It is primarily used for long trips. Around the end of fourth year of ownership there was this knocking sort of sound coming from the engine which would be more evident when the ac was switched on. Checked at TASS and different people. They all said that It seams that there is some fuel related dirt which gets clogged in interjectors and it needs to be cleaned. Now I follow a very simple concept and that is if something is not broken it doesn't needs to be fixed specially in relation with TASS. The sound was not that a big disturbance. I have been using Adon-D for some time now for that purpose but to avail.

Secondly when it comes to mileage on long route, the best I get with Adon-d is 12.5. I keep changing the gears where it is immediately needed. For cruising I try to keep the rpm at 2k with speed at 95-100. Only once I got the mileage of 13.5 between Mumbai to Ahmedabad super roads.

So why I am sharing this here is to know if there is tuning or remap for my beast which would either help with mileage slightly or maintain it there along with improving the torque or pickup.

regards

Hi Dr Naren please suggest I am also looking for safari STORME remapping in Pune. Kindly advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunit5 (Post 4955597)
Hi Dr Naren please suggest I am also looking for safari STORME remapping in Pune. Kindly advise.

Please get in touch with GT Tuners (Quantum UK remap) or Wolf Moto. I heard they have good maps for Safari :). Not sure if they have dealer in Pune, Wolf does visit all the major cities once in a month.

Got my Figo 1.5 tdci remapped by Wolf yesterday. This is stage 1+ which the team claims to bump up the performance figures to 121 bhp/260 Nm though it's not Dyno'd values.

Leaving the numbers aside, car feels really quick now. Pulls great even at 4th gear just like the car is at 3rd gear. I'm yet to notice any FE drop as my driving style has changed post remap as I'm addicted to the power more than ever.

I tried to visit Wolfmoto website but getting "account suspended" error. Is there a contact number/email for them?
I am looking for improvement in low end grunt of Thar (2016), it feels a little sluggish in 2nd/3rd. I had almost zeroed in on Racedynamic off-road box but this thread got me interested in remapping. Having said that, I don't see any tuner having presence in Maharashtra or am I missing something?
If traveling out of state does not work out I will mostly get the RD box. Thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amol4184 (Post 4965517)
I tried to visit Wolfmoto website but getting "account suspended" error. Is there a contact number/email for them?

Email: remap@wolfmoto.com
Call: 8660510586
WhatsApp: 8714487066

Posted the above details as mentioned on their Facebook page :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4965576)
Email: remap@wolfmoto.com
Call: 8660510586
WhatsApp: 8714487066

Posted the above details as mentioned on their Facebook page :)

Thanks Dr. I’m not on FB anymore and think twice before clicking any FB link in the fear that they will log me in automatically. Anyhoo, just sent a mail to them. Any ideas if any competent resident tuners in Pune/Mumbai region are there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amol4184 (Post 4965586)
Thanks Dr. I’m not on FB anymore and think twice before clicking any FB link in the fear that they will log me in automatically. Anyhoo, just sent a mail to them. Any ideas if any competent resident tuners in Pune/Mumbai region are there?

There are couple of tuners like APR, E tuners, Revo etc in Mumbai who are good at luxury cars. Indian tuning firms like Wolf have done lot of Thars and would be having proven maps, resident tuner should not be a concern as it's just one time ECU flash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4965592)
There are couple of tuners like APR, E tuners, Revo etc in Mumbai who are good at luxury cars. Indian tuning firms like Wolf have done lot of Thars and would be having proven maps, resident tuner should not be a concern as it's just one time ECU flash.

Just received a reply from Wolf Moto. They do runs to Pune and Mumbai every two months and do remaps. Excellent!

I have been given two choices : stage 1 and stage 1+ at Rs. 25k and 28k respectively. Also sent enquiry to code6 but haven't heard from them.

Asked some more questions about the remap to Wolf. I'm unsure how drastic is the difference between stages and if it's worth doing hardware modifications which are supposedly needed for stage 1+ (stage 2?). The email says about 5% difference between power/torque of the two remaps. Without getting the feel of each it would be hard decision. But I'm excited. Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amol4184 (Post 4965701)
Asked some more questions about the remap to Wolf. I'm unsure how drastic is the difference between stages and if it's worth doing hardware modifications which are supposedly needed for stage 1+ (stage 2?). The email says about 5% difference between power/torque of the two remaps. Without getting the feel of each it would be hard decision. But I'm excited. Thanks again!

Stage 1+ doesn't need any hardware mods, may be a better flowing air filter. Decat downpipe is necessary for Stage 2. You can get Stage 1+ and then plan stage 2 when you are bored of the power :D. Wolf asks you to pay only the difference amount when you upgrade.

Cheers!!

To all experts here, any suggestions on improving low end torque on my Honda Jazz 2016 petrol. Considering a cold air intake & exhaust. Any other suggestions/modifications & also contacts in Hyderabad who does this

Thanks
Venki

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkikewl (Post 4965873)
To all experts here, any suggestions on improving low end torque on my Honda Jazz 2016 petrol. Considering a cold air intake & exhaust. Any other suggestions/modifications & also contacts in Hyderabad who does this

ECU Remap + Free flow exhaust will give the best gains. Wolf Moto and Quantum UK (GT Tuners) do a lot of NA cars. I believe quantum has a dealer in Hyderabad or you can wait till Wolf visits your city.

Hi, any suggestions for a Chevy Cruze (2015 model) keeping in mind reliability and of course gains.