Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:08   #1
BHPian

Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341

Hi,

My Wagon-R 2010 (55K Kms done) stopped recently (1st Sep 2017) in a low gear. The Check Engine Light came on, and the engine wouldn't start for a while.

During the time I was trying to get hold of a service person, I noticed that the coolant tank was empty. Filled up a bit of coolant, and the engine started. This was probably a coincidence as the temperature indicator had not come up, and 45 mins had passed since the failure.

Got the car to MASS (Bimal, BG Road) and mentioned this. Suggested that they look at the ECU error codes, but they just fixed a minor leak in the radiator hose and suggested that I try.

The car stopped again after 10 Kms, but immediately restarted. This time, the mechanic checked the codes and found P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
asserted a couple of times.

He cleared this, and we went for a test drive. This did not occur again, but as the case was still open, I did get calls from the SA on the performance of the car.

I tried testing this again with a 25 Kms drive at various speeds, and this occurred again.

This time, the SA cleaned the Camshaft sensor and said the issue should be fixed. However, the next day and 8 Kms in, the issue recurred while on 2nd gear and moderate speed - quite dangerous.

As this was the Dassera weekend, Surakshaa Bommanahalli guys (I was near them so took my car there) said they are closed, and did not bother too much. Brought the car driving with the light on (but no stalls).

Queries :

1. What are the steps to follow to isolate the issue - I see mention of wiring harness, sensor replacement etc. As the MASS guys are not doing their job, need to be more proactive in suggesting the process to them !

2. The Bimal BG Road SA is courteous and helpful, but this frequent trial and error method is not something to expect. Can someone suggest a better MASS (and SA) near BG Road where this issue can be looked in detail and fixed once and for all ?

Few places in the vicinity :
- Bimal BG Rd (Nearest)
- Mandovi JP Nagar (never been there)
- Kalyani BG Rd (never been there)
- Surakshaa Bomanahalli (Have been regular there, but not sure how the service is now).
- Surakshaa Koramangala (Any recommendations ?)
- I would have liked to go to EC Surakshaa, but not sure whether it is worth risking the drive.

Appreciate some inputs !
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341

Did you monitor the coolant levels prior to this CEL coming on?
If there was no coolant in the tank, and you continued driving, the engine may have taken some damage, which is being shown up in form of an error code.

Alternatively, it could be a fault sensor as well.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Did you monitor the coolant levels prior to this CEL coming on?
If there was no coolant in the tank, and you continued driving, the engine may have taken some damage, which is being shown up in form of an error code.

Alternatively, it could be a fault sensor as well.
The coolant issue has been fixed. It was less when the initial problem occurred. It has been fine since then, but the stalling persists.

Faulty sensor looks likely. Interested in knowing more about how to check whether it is a faulty sensor v/s wiring harness issue (or something else), and a good MASS near my area who can help.
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The camshaft position sensor throws up the CEL only after three driving cycles. Hence once the error code is cleared, you are able to use the car for sometime. However, the problem has not disappeared, and hence you are repeatedly facing the issue. Here is how you can do an inspection of the sensors - lifted out of the service manual:
Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341-img_9585.jpg

Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341-img_9586.jpg

Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341-img_9587.jpg

Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341-img_9588.jpg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:14   #5
BHPian

Re: Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341

Few months before I was also facing same problem of Engine check light ON on my 2011 new gen wagon R.

After diagnosis at MASS, it was found that cables were chewed by rats which eventually caused some sensor to go kaput. The sensor was replaced and problem is out now.

Below is the snap of the part which MASS has sent me before replacing it. May be you should try to check in this direction as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341-img20170811wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2017 at 10:03. Reason: Language
yoscenario2000 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th December 2019, 19:16   #6
BHPian

Re: Maruti Wagon-R: Error Code P0341

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The camshaft position sensor throws up the CEL only after three driving cycles. Hence once the error code is cleared, you are able to use the car for sometime. However, the problem has not disappeared, and hence you are repeatedly facing the issue. Here is how you can do an inspection of the sensors - lifted out of the service manual:

Logged in after a long time, but wanted to thank you for these details.

It is interesting that with such clear instructions present, the A.S.S took 3-4 attempts to diagnose and fix the issue conclusively (required a part change).

The only plausible explanation, somewhat to their credit, was that they may have been refraining from an "expensive" part change.
abhinavm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks