Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 23:20   #1
BHPian

My Latest FE is 17.11 With Grooves

Dear all,

I m just passing through the best phase of my car....my car already clocked 1 lac km & recently I got FE figures of 17.11........my car's gas tank was empty at 770km with full tank of 45 Kg of gas........modification I made this time was increasing tyre pressure to 33 from 30.....

I used to consistantly get about 13.5 to 15 depending on driving condition but for the very first time with total city driving I got above figure....

I m very much sure that boric acid treated wheel bearing playing major role as I observed that tyres are rolling so smooth now...I can feel it on plain surface...most of engine output is consumed by overcoming the friction of the rotating parts....my main aim of using wonderful boric acid is to reduce friction in moving & rotating parts to almost nill giving best possible performance.....

How can I forget Magic Groove Theory?.......my upward journey started only after doing grooves..............

Enjoy........
Old 25th November 2006, 23:27   #2
BANNED

What car is this dude??
Old 26th November 2006, 00:04   #3
BHPian

Hi speedzak,

Its 95 esteem with carburetor running on LPG....

Enjoy...
Old 26th November 2006, 06:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
increasing tyre pressure to 33 from 30.....
did you increase or decrease tyre pressure?
Old 26th November 2006, 07:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

"increasing tyre pressure to 33 from 30....."

cya
R
Old 26th November 2006, 23:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi speedzak,

Its 95 esteem with carburetor running on LPG....

Enjoy...
it had to be. the 95 esteems were really good on mileage. my friend had one that regularly gave 17+ on the highways. but 17 in the city something. what is this boric acid cleaning ? i draw a blank in this. can you explain it to me like i am a 4 year old please ? thank you
Old 27th November 2006, 10:43   #7
BHPian

Hi Finetuning,

I am impressed by the fuel efficieny that you get from your car. I also met Kaizer at Nagpur and was very impressed by the short demo of his modified zen. Should say I was very very impressed.

I would like to request you to list down all the modifications that you have done on your esteem for the benefit of all the readers of Team Bhp right from the starting point. That way everyone can benefit from your experience and people like me can follow your path.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 27th November 2006, 21:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
it had to be. the 95 esteems were really good on mileage. my friend had one that regularly gave 17+ on the highways. but 17 in the city something. what is this boric acid cleaning ? i draw a blank in this. can you explain it to me like i am a 4 year old please ? thank you
Dear esteem_lover,

All I can say about boric acid is that it improves the lubrication property of any solid or liquid lubricant......it sticks with metal part forming boric oxide over which boric acid particles move so freely reducing friction to minimum.....

Do read this thread for more information...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngine-oil.html

Enjoy...
Old 27th November 2006, 21:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Finetuning,

I am impressed by the fuel efficieny that you get from your car. I also met Kaizer at Nagpur and was very impressed by the short demo of his modified zen. Should say I was very very impressed.

I would like to request you to list down all the modifications that you have done on your esteem for the benefit of all the readers of Team Bhp right from the starting point. That way everyone can benefit from your experience and people like me can follow your path.

Regards,
Kailash
Dear kailashnj,

In search of optimizing my vehicle I came across many stuff....most of them aftermarket fitting.......just fit it & feel the difference type....they however work increasing the power output but I was not satisfied......& finally I came across this groove theory which touches the heart of any vehicle i.e. Engine Combustion chamber........I dont think I have done any major modification but I am getting tremendous benefits from all......its like this....if you find 10 ways to improve your engine efficiency then collectively they work miracles....so is in my case.....every experiment has beed done keeping in mind the cost...benefits in performance as well as FE.......I m also addicted to torque so any improvement not touching power curve is ruled out....

Here is my list of experiments & after market fittings....

1)K & N replcament Filter,

2)NGK Iridium Spark Plug,

3)Full Free Flow Exhaust With minimum sound,

4)Adding Acetone+2T oil in the ratio of 2.5 ml & 1 ml respectively,

5)Grooving Engine Head......this was the best of all modification,

6)Ozone Treatment....sucking ozone gas from distributor cap to carburetor,(This added small power & FE too)

7)Adding Boric acid powder in Engine oil + Gear Oil + Wheel Bearing & Axle bearing Grease.

I can proudly say that my car is totally Boron Treated(Boric Acid Treated) Vehicle of my own....I m so much thankful to this wonderful community for all this...

All this added slowly to my FE figures as well as power & not to mention the emission.....

Enjoy....

Last edited by finetuning : 27th November 2006 at 21:43.
Old 27th November 2006, 21:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Dear kailashnj,

In search of optimizing my vehicle I came across many stuff....most of them aftermarket fitting.......just fit it & feel the difference type....they however work increasing the power output but I was not satisfied......& finally I came across this groove theory which touches the heart of any vehicle i.e. Engine Combustion chamber........I dont think I have done any major modification but I am getting tremendous benefits from all......its like this....if you find 10 ways to improve your engine efficiency then collectively they work miracles....so is in my case.....every experiment has beed done keeping in mind the cost...benefits in performance as well as FE.......I m also addicted to torque so any improvement not touching power curve is ruled out....

Here is my list of experiments & after market fittings....

1)K & N replcament Filter,

2)NGK Iridium Spark Plug,

3)Full Free Flow Exhaust With minimum sound,

4)Adding Acetone+2T oil in the ratio of 2.5 ml & 1 ml respectively,

5)Grooving Engine Head......this was the best of all modification,

6)Ozone Treatment....sucking ozone gas from distributor cap to carburetor,(This added small power & FE too)

7)Adding Boric acid powder in Engine oil + Gear Oil + Wheel Bearing & Axle bearing Grease.

I can proudly say that my car is totally Boron Treated(Boric Acid Treated) Vehicle of my own....I m so much thankful to this wonderful community for all this...

All this added slowly to my FE figures as well as power & not to mention the emission.....

Enjoy....
Well that was a exhaustive list of modifications done by you man. Only one question - What was the cost of the all these modifications that you have carried out and was all this done at one go or in parts.

Again I have started using the acetone + 2t oil in my car and the difference is obvisous to me in pickup. I still have to check the effect in of acetone on FE but don't expect much of a difference due to the fact that I have an auto box.
Old 27th November 2006, 23:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Well that was a exhaustive list of modifications done by you man. Only one question - What was the cost of the all these modifications that you have carried out and was all this done at one go or in parts.

Again I have started using the acetone + 2t oil in my car and the difference is obvisous to me in pickup. I still have to check the effect in of acetone on FE but don't expect much of a difference due to the fact that I have an auto box.
Dear kailashnj,

We all know the cost of filter & free flow & plugs.....about grooving I spent around 4000 including labour......& for ozone treatment & boric acid its nothing.....

I have done all experiments one by one to know the effect on power as well as FE......

Nice to know that you met kaizer at Nagpur........

Enjoy.......
Old 28th November 2006, 21:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi finetuning,

I am gonna try these soon within 2 weeks:
Quote:
1. Ozone Treatment....sucking ozone gas from distributor cap to carburetor,(This added small power & FE too)
2. Adding Boric acid powder in Engine oil + Gear Oil + Wheel Bearing & Axle bearing Grease.
3. Adding Acetone+2T oil in the ratio of 2.5 ml & 1 ml respectively,
Can you please shed some light on Ozone treatment and adding Acetone+2T ?

Regards.

Quote:
Dear kailashnj,

We all know the cost of filter & free flow & plugs.....about grooving I spent around 4000 including labour......& for ozone treatment & boric acid its nothing.....

I have done all experiments one by one to know the effect on power as well as FE......

Nice to know that you met kaizer at Nagpur........

Enjoy.......
Old 28th November 2006, 23:09   #13
BHPian

Hi abhibh,

Regarding ozone treatment....you need to have distributor cap with vent....its a must otherwise you will be having vaccum inside cap & spark will be scattered.....now opposite this vent you need to make small hole & pass ordinary vacuum rubber pipe using stickfast adhesive.....then look out for vaccum source in your engine....you can take help of your local mechanic........in my carbureted car I found good vaccum at lower end of filter.....I made T connection to this line.......this will add power to your car as well as improve FE........you can try different vacuum source with your mechanic....

You cat start adding 2 ml of acetone and 1 ml of 2T oil per liter of petrol.....this also will improve performance as well as FE....also reduces emission....

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 28th November 2006 at 23:15.
Old 30th November 2006, 09:33   #14
BHPian

I wanted to know the difference between Stock Replacement K&N Filter and Universal Filter. Also needed your advice on which is the one that works best in our environment. Also can you list the advantages and disadvantages of Stock Replacement and Universal Filter.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Finetuning,

Regards,
Kailash
Thanks it was sure nice to meet aTeam -bhpian in nagpur....
Not a great city for car fans but it has great road.
Grooves are the way to go.
Just started adding a new concotion of Acetone + xylene+ 2t into petrol
Will post the results soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks