Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 17:54   #1
BHPian

problem with my lancer

Just yesterday after a week when i started my lancer it showed a problem...ie when i press the clutch the rpm goes lower to zero and the engine stopes....also the oil indicator is glowing in start mode which i think is not right....plz tell me what to check as im not good in technical stuffs of the car.....hope its not a major prob(im able to drive the car with minimal use of clutch).....
Old 14th December 2006, 18:52   #2
BHPian

I am ssuming you have this problem of the engine stalling when you are driving i.e. engine stalls when you depress the clutch to shift into the next gear ? Is this correct ? Or does this happen even when the car is stationary? Please clarify.

With regards to oil lamp - You mean the oil lamp glows even after engine has been started ? If thats the case, please avoid driving the car and get in touch with the nearest authorised service station.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Suspect the freewheel disengaging when the clutch is pressed is stalling the car.

As far as the oil indicator goes, as Sideways said, if its ON after the engine starts, tow the car to the garage to have it checked - do not run/rev the engine. The last thing you need is your engine seizing up due to engine oil starvation.

Last edited by theMAG : 14th December 2006 at 20:24. Reason: Typo
Old 15th December 2006, 11:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Before towing your vehicle to workshop please open the bonnet remove the dip dtick and check the oil level. The light normally glows when the oil is less. Also the oil being less can be caused by a lot of other things like leakeage of oil. etc etc.
Old 15th December 2006, 11:28   #5
Team-BHP Support

Also, not much sense in towing the car. get a small amount of oil from HM service. pour it in. drive till the service centre and get the engine oil flushed out and topped up.
I dont like towing the car as it does more damage.
Old 27th June 2007, 21:01   #6
BHPian

It was indeed the problem with engine oil
Old 27th June 2007, 21:36   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Well then, tell us what the problem was! You started a thread, for others to share their experience with you. Now share your experience with us. Tell us what happened to the Lancer and how you fixed the oil problem.

These are the things that make a forum
Old 27th June 2007, 22:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Before towing your vehicle to workshop please open the bonnet remove the dip dtick and check the oil level. The light normally glows when the oil is less. Also the oil being less can be caused by a lot of other things like leakeage of oil. etc etc.
Good advice vikram. There is no need to tow the vehicle if the oil levels are ok & even if they are not, you can always top up & drive to the nearest service station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Well then, tell us what the problem was! You started a thread, for others to share their experience with you. Now share your experience with us. Tell us what happened to the Lancer and how you fixed the oil problem.

These are the things that make a forum
Whenever there is a lancer in trouble, please dial 1800samkapasi. If that does not work out, please dial 100_samkapasi or kasapi. You are bound to be lucky the third time.
cheers
Old 27th June 2007, 23:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Whenever there is a lancer in trouble, please dial 1800samkapasi. If that does not work out, please dial 100_samkapasi or kasapi. You are bound to be lucky the third time.
cheers
Me??? Are you crazy? I came to this thread to learn, not to teach, lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks