Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2006, 01:53   #1
BHPian

"Sealing" problem on my Getz

Inspite of driving with the windows rolled up always,I seem to be cursed with dust,and I mean lots of dust on the car interior.Especially now during winters I've noticed that while driving I can feel cold air from outside getting into the cabin The HVAC system seems alright and all the door beadings are in place,I even checked the firewall for gaps and holes.What could possibly be wrong ??
Old 21st December 2006, 09:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Inspite of driving with the windows rolled up always,I seem to be cursed with dust,and I mean lots of dust on the car interior.Especially now during winters I've noticed that while driving I can feel cold air from outside getting into the cabin The HVAC system seems alright and all the door beadings are in place,I even checked the firewall for gaps and holes.What could possibly be wrong ??
Not sure about 'cold air from outside getting into the cabin'. But I have noticed that (in my friend's Getz) due to the shiny nature(dimpled kind) and size of dash board it(it is relatively large) dust is more visible.
Old 21st December 2006, 10:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked to see if your blower is on re-circulation mode and not on fresh air mode?
Old 21st December 2006, 10:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Have you checked to see if your blower is on re-circulation mode and not on fresh air mode?
Quote:
Not sure about 'cold air from outside getting into the cabin'. But I have noticed that (in my friend's Getz) due to the shiny nature(dimpled kind) and size of dash board it(it is relatively large) dust is more visible.
Yes my a/c is always on recirc mode and as for dashboard being dimpled,I still doubt.Cold air getting in form out as in you feel that slight draft in this cold weather when u know all doors and windows are closed and yet u feel the cold air seeping in.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Get your car checked. There seems to be a problem with your HVAC. Obviously your recycle mode is not working.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks