Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 16:24   #1
BHPian

VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld

Hi
I own a Polo GT 2017, purchased in mid-feb and I loved the car. Everything was perfect and the car was running perfect apart from major blunders that have arrived initially.

I don't know whether its the service center or VW but its been a terrible experience.

1. I got my 2nd service done about 1 month back, which is 1.2 years from when I got the car. Most of the suspension parts were worn out owing to terrible, terrible QC of the suspension parts. It is a common problem with many VW owners. The cost of my second service came to Rs. 24,200 because of the replacement of these parts.

Even with the parts changed, the car bottoms out on most turns, and there is a major discomfort due to bounciness. The SA has blamed it on the TIRES, which have covered just 26,200 kilometres.

2. The waterpump developed a leak in the second service check and was changed by the A.S.S at no cost. However a waterpump leak in a 10.5 lakh ruppee car in under 30k Kms sounds suspicious and I think it was some other issue that the A.S.S is hiding.

3. The car developed a peculiar problem - the knob for the volume control started acting weird and the volume was going up and down randomly.

4. The central AC vents have stopped working and only side vents work, the rpm of car is also fluctuating at idle.

5. The battery died in less than 30k kms, and VW has only one year warranty.

I am massively disappointed with the quality of the car, and VW service especially Frontier VW. I wish there was more to say but please, please, avoid FRONTIER VW. Be ready for a massive expense when you buy the GT; especially on the suspension.

I'll update as more updates come in from VW Frontier.

Thanks
Utsav

Last edited by navin : 22nd May 2018 at 12:48. Reason: several typos
devilwearsprada is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 22:44   #2
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Hi
I own a Polo GT 2017, purchased in mid-feb and I loved the car. Everything was perfect and the car was running perfect apart from major blunders that have arrived initially.

I don't know whether its the service center, or VW but its been a terrible experience.
Sad to hear about your experience Utsav. My car is about to go for its 6th service. I am getting constant calls from the other new VW service center in Gurgaon. I am really confused. Frontier is really close to my house and I know a few guys there now. Mostly my experience there has been ok except for the amount of time they take to do their job.

Will watch this space for how it develops.

Best of luck!!

Rachit

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd May 2018 at 04:57. Reason: Trimmed long post quote for benefit of mobile users.
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:33   #3
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Sad to hear about your experience Utsav. My car is about to go for its 6th service. I am getting constant calls from the other new VW service center in Gurgaon. I am really confused. Frontier is really close to my house and I know a few guys there now. Mostly my experience there has been ok except for the amount of time they take to do their job.

Will watch this space for how it develops.

Best of luck!!

Rachit
Hi Rachit Bhaiya

As of now, the car is with Frontier, for the most part I think its the same time issue but VW has delivered a bad product to me.

Frontier has prepared a technical report and sent it to VW and CC'D me to see what they reply since this is case of bad electronics.

Thanks
Utsav
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:57   #4
BANNED

I have got two of them (Polo) and both are going to the new guys in Gurgaon, I am quite happy and satisfied with them; it's a different thing that the bills are still on a higher side - but they rectify everything quite quick and to my satisfaction. Rest I also had a few issues and replacements, the list goes on:
1) Front right hand side shocker - Both the cars, petrol at 33000 kms and diesel at 81000
2) Petrol car front disk I got turned outside due to vibrations
3) Petrol car shocker mount bearing and jumping rod bush replacement at 33000 kms, for diesel car at 81000
4) Petrol car steering rack replaced at 22500 mms inspection
5) Diesel car battery replaced at 1.5 years point
6) Diesel car some N 72 valve replaced twice
7) Diesel car both headlamps replaced under warranty because adjustment mechanism cooked off
8) Diesel car front right door latch replaced

But I am still quite happy with them, firstly they simply love honouring warranty and extended warranty. Secondly the maintenance for the petrol car is quite reasonable in terms of service costs.

Out of the list posted above, other than the suspension job and diesel car battery; everything else was covered under warranty or extended warranty without any fuss.

@Devilwearsprada
All the suspension components going bust at 24000 kms is definitely quite sad, I have covered 3.5 times of that in diesel and nearly twice if that in petrol; still nothing to this extent even when my petrol car is driven mostly in rural areas with some bad to non existent roads, I don't see why a car should even have a suspension issue while it's driven in the Gurgaon roads.

Last edited by VKumar : 22nd May 2018 at 06:14.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:29   #5
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld

Sorry to head about you experience Utsav

I've had horrible experience with Frontier VW. Just one week after taking the delivery of my GT, the car developed squeaking noises from the dashboard area. It took them 2 weeks to diagnose the problem. This was a case of manufacturing defect. There was a welding defect on the Front right Suspension mount bracket. The way Frontier approached this was really disappointing. The SAs had absolutely careless attitude and was never aware of what's happening with the car.

At times I used to walk into the Service Center unannounced and found the whole dashboard ripped apart and just lying on the floor with no care which was very heartbreaking to see knowing the fact that it was your 5 day new Car. There was scratches on the dashboard and gear lever. They had also opened the Fenders, suspension, opened the DB twice and open the steering countless times. It took them 2 days just get rid of the ESP warning light which was a result of not being able to connect the Steering properly.

Only when I started escalating day in and day out to VW management, Rajesh who is the Service Center Manager intervened and personally managed the case. All in all the car was at the Service Center for about 15 days and for me it was 15 sleepless nights!

I've since then avoided Frontier and been using VW Gurugram (Triumph Auto) in Sec 71 instead. Yeah its a little far but found the chaps over there very professional and knowledgeable. The SAs are well informed and always ready to go the extra mile for Customer satisfaction. The turnaround times are quick be it a wash, service of general check-ups.
aashish_84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:44   #6
kkg
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld

why did you pay for these parts?? AFIK even the suspension parts are covered in standard warranty.

Are you running on upsized tyres or alloys by any chance?
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
why did you pay for these parts?? AFIK even the suspension parts are covered in standard warranty.

Suprise, the suspension isnt covered. Only the steering rack is covered.

No I run a bone stock car.
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I have got two of them (Polo) and both are going to the new guys in Gurgaon, I am quite happy and satisfied with them;
Oh, I am so glad to finally see a review on the new service center. Seeing your review, I am tempted to give them a try now.

Thank you

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 16:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashish_84 View Post
Sorry to head about you experience Utsav

I've had horrible experience with Frontier VW. Just one week after taking the delivery of my GT
I've since then avoided Frontier and been using VW Gurugram (Triumph Auto) in Sec 71 instead. Yeah its a little far but found the chaps over there very professional and knowledgeable. The SAs are well informed and always ready to go the extra mile for Customer satisfaction. The turnaround times are quick be it a wash, service of general check-ups.
I completely agree, even my car has a weird dashboard noise but I ignore it. And yes the timeline is a little too high for even basic jobs. I'll try triumph next as I put up in sector-50 and its equal distance for me as Frontier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post

Please also note that most parts such as battery only carry 1 year warranty, which is weird because batteries should carry 2 years minimum.
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:53   #10
BHPian

Hi Guys

A small update, car is done by the ASS and currently the only issue that can be stated is the battery, which somehow got most functions to go bad.

The cost of replacement battery is Rs.5300 and I got it changed from Frontier only.

Also, the P light in the cluster was randomly flashing on start only and used to stop flashing once the brake pedal was pressed. My SA pointed it to VCDS, as we had enabled the needle sweep which sounds quite weird to be honest.

All said and done, collecting the car tomorrow and hoping everything goes positive.

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 20:46   #11
BHPian

Sorry to hear your experience. Given the nature of complaints, have you checked for any rodent attack?
Old 29th May 2018, 16:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Hi Guys

A small update, car is done by the ASS and currently the only issue that can be stated is the battery, which somehow got most functions to go bad.

The cost of replacement battery is Rs.5300 and I got it changed from Frontier only.

Also, the P light in the cluster was randomly flashing on start only and used to stop flashing once the brake pedal was pressed. My SA pointed it to VCDS, as we had enabled the needle sweep which sounds quite weird to be honest.

All said and done, collecting the car tomorrow and hoping everything goes positive.

Thanks
I own a Polo too and it has been bought and services from Frontier VW till now. The only part I got changed was the driver side power windows panel, that too after complaining about it twice. Out of my experience with these guys, it doesn't appear that SA's have good knowledge of cars they service for sure.
It appears that your GT must have some manufacturing defects which these guys could not figure out initially.
I myself have been putting off some minor repairs from these guys and now am tempted to try the new dealer.
Ambersariya87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 01:39   #13
BHPian

An update that I never would have made public, I had a small accident with the GT partly due to our great unlit roads and authorities. There was an unmarked divider being laid on a road unlit and my car hit a big rock randomly kept on the middle. I was at 90~ and thankfully braked and served but the wheel still took the hit.

What happened next has left me in shock :O

VW Polo GT: Unhappy with its reliability and the workshop, Frontier Autoworld-img_8239.jpg
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:57   #14
BHPian

That picture seems like the rock and the speed with which you were traveling did the damage, seems like a legit case of damage to the alloy.

Looks like you are having some really unpleasant experiences. I've had the GT for almost 8 months now and apart from some irritating glovebox and dashboard rattles (which were least expected in a VW) everything else is going smooth.
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
That picture seems like the rock and the speed with which you were traveling did the damage, seems like a legit case of damage to the alloy.

Looks like you are having some really unpleasant experiences. I've had the GT for almost 8 months now and apart from some irritating glovebox and dashboard rattles (which were least expected in a VW) everything else is going smooth.
This is rather an appreciation post, the rim breakage saved my life rather, good part on VW's Quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks