Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 11:19   #1

LPG Kit on Palio 1.6??

Hello guys , i have just recently bought a palio 1.6 n i am planning to fit it with a LPG kit?

can anybody share how would that workout to be?? what kind of milegae will i get with lpg??
Old 27th December 2006, 12:06   #2
BHPian

hey amit
why do u wanna waste a beauty like that with a lpg...
Old 27th December 2006, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please read through the LPG queries thread. The beauty of the car will not be spoilt with LPG. Switch to petrol when you want to rev.
Old 27th December 2006, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had lpg on my Sien 1.2. After few days i noticed the hose connecting Air filter to Fuel injection system started squeezing by it self. The service center people mentioned it's a non issue with lpg fitments. Apart from that i noticed the engine is not smoother on LPG compared to when run on petrol. There was no drop in power though.
Old 27th December 2006, 15:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of 'myths' doing the rounds about LPG use. please have a first hand experience with a good installer & then decide for yourself if the engine is coarse or if the car has been spoilt because of that. Palio 1.6 will be a good bet with LPG as it will let you afford the best of both worlds i.e. Power & Mileage. cheers
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:08   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Which is the best suited LPG Kit for this car? Should we really go for a real MPFI specialized kit? how much does it cost in Bangalore. It would be great if you could tell the place also
Old 22nd June 2007, 16:13   #7
BHPian

You can go for sequential gas injection which is a very good option for your 1.6. The only thing you have to add an additional ECU. The sequential gas injection won't kill your car's performance.

read this for more information and user experience Fiat Club India :: Performance Mods :: Alternate fuel!

Also here LPG Installations and Conversions: TARTARINI AUTO LPG SEQUENTIAL INJECTION SYSTEM

Last edited by rapideffect : 22nd June 2007 at 16:31.
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
You can go for sequential gas injection which is a very good option for your 1.6. The only thing you have to add an additional ECU. The sequential gas injection won't kill your car's performance.
This kit in its full form can cost a cool Rs 50000+. Do you want to try that costly a kit on a Palio?
Old 22nd June 2007, 18:20   #9
BHPian

Ask HAFI

'HAFI' here had done this to his Palio! Had some issues during installation I guess!! I don't remember the exact trouble he faced! Something like more inflow of air due to a K&N fil or so!!! PM him!
Old 22nd June 2007, 19:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know Sequential gas injection is the most advanced form of LPG conversion with separate injectors for LPG. Its costly and needs a very highly trained installer to install.

I have seen the install during a visit to the US. Cost about 1400USD. Prefered for V6 engines. I would suggest you opt for a simple closed loop or just plainly a well installed an tuned open loop kit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks